Superman REturns Customized Brandon Routh Body from Hot toys 2 in 1 version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks really nice!
How I wish a company would release a new more detailed and authentic version of Brandon Routh Superman.

He looks cartoonish and reminds me of the medicom version. Brandon Routh wasn't ripped to the gills.

He actually was if you watch the special features. It just didn't show well through the costume. However, ripped and buff are two different things. He definitely didn't have the mass that Cavill had

Sorry, but what did you do?
Did you put a TTM21 in the costume?
It looks to have thicker biceps and thighs to my eyes, plus the big delts that the TTM21 has.
Also, how did you get the suit off? Did you cut the stitching? Or just slice the back as i have seen others do?

This is actually the TTM 21. i got the body out by using an x acto knife and making the incision at the back of the belt. anatomically- in the Lumbar area. This was done with precision. only the back part was incised to create the gap between the upper suit and lower suit only then was the original ttm body was pulled out and replaced with the ttm 21 stock. There's a lot of stretching and pulling works in this custom work and is is not for the fainted heart collector who wished their Superman returns were as buff as the movie routh version was. brandon was really buff, but not as ripped as Henry. Brandon had the body- but certain properties of his costume limited his physique to embody the superman figure we all were hoping to be. The custom work was a success. this is my spare HT custom and looking forward to disposing this and buy the MAN of Steel Version Henry Cavill. But i think the flying pose for this HT superman returns rocks!!!

Last edited:
Looks good no doubt cool custom. I ain't knocking it but yeah he wasn't that buff or buff at all lol.

Looks good no doubt cool custom. I ain't knocking it but yeah he wasn't that buff or buff at all lol.

Actually, if you watch the extras disc, and see the work he put in, he spent 6 months training before the movie started rolling. He was pretty buff!
He wasn't Arnie of course, and that's the usual bar that people use.

Nice job.
This is actually the TTM 21. i got the body out by using an x acto knife and making the incision at the back of the belt. anatomically- in the Lumbar area. This was done with precision. only the back part was incised to create the gap between the upper suit and lower suit only then was the original ttm body was pulled out and replaced with the ttm 21 stock. There's a lot of stretching and pulling works in this custom work and is is not for the fainted heart collector who wished their Superman returns were as buff as the movie routh version was. brandon was really buff, but not as ripped as Henry. Brandon had the body- but certain properties of his costume limited his physique to embody the superman figure we all were hoping to be. The custom work was a success. this is my spare HT custom and looking forward to disposing this and buy the MAN of Steel Version Henry Cavill. But i think the flying pose for this HT superman returns rocks!!!

I’m not a big Sups fan but that looks a lot better then the original.

Even if Brandon didn’t look that buff in the movie he should have.

The original figure has oddly scrawny legs and the chest looks very narrow.

I like your version better.

Nice work

Actually, if you watch the extras disc, and see the work he put in, he spent 6 months training before the movie started rolling. He was pretty buff!
He wasn't Arnie of course, and that's the usual bar that people use.

Nice custom work!

I think the suit didn't really show how much muscle mass Routh had put on for the role. As you mentioned you can see he was in good shape on the behind the scenes documentary.

rfkworkout1nt9.jpg
rfkworkout2ew7.jpg
rfkworkout3ca0.jpg

Nice custom work!

I think the suit didn't really show how much muscle mass Routh had put on for the role. As you mentioned you can see he was in good shape on the behind the scenes documentary.

I know. He was pretty massive. It's unfortunate the suit didn't let that huge size be seen.
If he had a Cavill MOS suit, he would have looked immense.

Wish HT would re do this but I know that will never happen.

I know. I'd kill for a Routh Superman that actually looked like him.
I have two of the V1 sculpt. One that has had a repaint and looks closer to him, but the other one(On the left), i have never done anything to and it looks not much like him.
I keep meaning to send it off to be repainted.

IMG_2996_zpsc4b80534.jpg

Back