Statue Batman: Black & White (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BB&WSF

Super Freak
Reaction score
BATMAN BLACK & WHITE EARTH 2 BATMAN STATUE
DESIGNED BY NICOLA SCOTT
SCULPTED BY MAT BROUILLARD

The Dark Knight of Earth 2 enters the world of the best-selling Batman Black & White line with this wonderfully sculpted statue based on the designs of fan-favorite artist Nicola Scott!

Measures Approximately 6" Tall
$79.95 US • On Sale January 2014 * Allocations May Occur

22.jpg

**************************************************************​

BATMAN BLACK & WHITE GARY FRANK STATUE
DESIGNED BY GARY FRANK
SCULPTED BY JEAN ST. JEAN

The version of the Dark Knight featured in the bestselling original graphic novel, BATMAN: EARTH ONE, by writer extraordinaire Geoff Johns and fan-favorite artist Gary Frank is the newest stunning addition to the long-running line of BATMAN: BLACK & WHITE statues.

Measures Approximately 7" Tall
$79.95 US • On Sale March 2014 * Allocations May Occur

image15.jpg

BATMAN BLACK & WHITE HARLEY QUINN STATUE
DESIGNED BY BRUCE TIMM
SCULPTED BY JON MATTHEWS

The fun-loving, psychotic, Arkham Asylum doctor turned-inmate Harley Quinn joins the best-selling Batman Black & White line with this stunning statue designed by the character’s co-creator, award-winning animator, artist, and producer, Bruce Timm!

Limited Edition of 5,200

Measures Approximately 7.4" Tall
$79.95 US • On Sale May 2014 * Allocations May Occur

BMBW_HarleyQuinn_Timm.jpg

BATMAN BLACK & WHITE BATMAN BY JAE LEE STATUE
BASED ON THE DESIGNS OF JAE LEE
SCULPTED BY JONATHAN MATTHEWS

The Dark Knight smashes out of his best-selling series BATMAN/SUPERMAN and into your home with this stunning statue designed by artist Jae Lee!

Limited Edition of 5,200
Measures Approximately 7.8" Tall

$79.95 US • On Sale July 2014 * Allocations May Occur

BMBW_Jae-Lee.jpg

BATMAN ZOMBIE
BASED ON THE DESIGNS OF NEAL ADAMS

Batman delves into the macabre in this latest statue based on Neal Adams' short story from BATMAN: BLACK AND WHITE #1!

Limited Edition of 5,200
Measures Approximately 7.4" Tall

$79.95 US • On Sale September 2014 * Allocations May Occur

bm_bw_zombie_bm_adams_1_52fadcf1aeb95445767552_zpsd7c8d233.jpg

BATMAN BLACK & WHITE MICHAEL TURNER STATUE
BASED ON THE DESIGNS OF MICHAEL TURNER
SCULPTED BY CLAYBURN MOORE

This Batman: Black and White statue is a tribute to artist Michael Turner, whose highly detailed, dynamic drawing style graced numerous DC Comics covers.

Limited Edition of 5,200
Measures Approximately 8" Tall

$79.95 US • On Sale November 2014

bm_bw_michael_turner_580_534f38c28841e363236034_zpsf4994beb.jpg

Last edited:
Another year and the B&W line is still going strong. When it started in 2005, no one could ever imagine that it would continue for more than a few years, but its 2014 (& 50+ statues) and it doesn't seem like DC has any plans to stop. Well, at least that's what one gets after reading what Kevin Kiniry (VP–Creative Services) and Jim Fletcher (Design Director) had to say about the line. Nice read: DC Collectibles Execs Talk Past, Present And Future Of ‘Batman: Black & White’ Statues

So far, we have three reveals for Jan, March, and May. Being an ardent fan of the series and statues, I am looking forward to the rest of the year; and hopefully, will be able to get the ones I missed in the past. Also, starting from Nicola Scott's, they will be releasing numbered editions again. Not that a LE of 5000 sounds great, but still, nice touch I'd say.

"We’re really excited by the idea of the villains. There was a lot of debate that day when the line first started moving outside of the Batman-only world. I think it was a smart choice for us to do. We don’t want to overwhelm — unless we did a spinoff line, which, who knows, maybe that would make sense —"

Would completely throw my money at DC if they did a Black and White spinoff line dedicated to villains - bring it on already!

I wonder when will they finally bring out a robin black and white statue? Like or dislike it's a big part of the batman mythos :D

Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, etc., there are so many they can make! :) But yeah, at least one Robin should be there. Other than Bats, only Joker has had 4 versions so far, don't know what there strategy is, but I do hope to see some more villains and folks from the Bat family in future (a BTAS Gordon would be pretty awesome!).

They seem to be stretching the boundaries of the B&W line. I imagine that we'll be getting more villains and a Robin sooner or later. I mean, we have multiple Jokers, a Man Bat, Harley Quinn, Bane, Catwoman, and Penguin already. I see DC collectibles adding more to this line over time.

Got the AO Bats today.

DSCN1788.jpg

DSCN1796.jpg

DSCN1799.jpg

DSCN1805.jpg

DSCN1810.jpg

DSCN1813.jpg

DSCN1820.jpg

Not overwhelmed or happy at all. The cape was broken off the body, total 5 pieces I had to repair / glue, the boot was broken from the base, crooked right ear. Never liked the statue and didn't feel like returning it all the way over the seven seas. I have fixed it (will work on it more, eventually) to an extent at which it has become bearable and be a part of my B&W collection. :mad:

Sorry to hear you had all those problems with it. Mine arrived detached from the base as well. The place I bought from is checking if they can get a replacement for me. It'll be another week or 2 to see if they get any replacement stock. They are willing to give me 5% off if I'm willing to glue the statue to the base or let me send it back for a full refund if they can't get any replacements. Even though I like the piece, I'm seriously thinking about sending it back and just calling it a day.

Oh, but you really liked Arkham Origins, the game, and guess it was one of the main reasons you got the statue. If it is just the foot which you could glue and fix, I'd say getting the 5% discount and keeping it would be a lot better than not having it at all.

The main problem, I believe, is that the entire weight is on the left leg. This was a heavier statue than the last 2 (Capullo's), they could have made a separate base for it. Coming from Gentle Giant, I really thought it would be a better piece, but forgot DCD would be handling it.

Oh, but you really liked Arkham Origins, the game, and guess it was one of the main reasons you got the statue. If it is just the foot which you could glue and fix, I'd say getting the 5% discount and keeping it would be a lot better than not having it at all.

The main problem, I believe, is that the entire weight is on the left leg. This was a heavier statue than the last 2 (Capullo's), they could have made a separate base for it. Coming from Gentle Giant, I really thought it would be a better piece, but forgot DCD would be handling it.

Yeah, I love the Arkham universe. I have all 3 games. However, the weight distribution problem is the reason I'm thinking of returning it. I fear that after I glue it, it may give again over time because the weight isn't balanced properly. I'll be pissed if it topples over after time and damages other B&W pieces I have around it. I have an oval shaped dresser with a glass top that I display my pieces on now. If this fell over it could easily damage many other of my B&W pieces. :gah: DC collectibles and their damn QC issues.

Got the AO Bats today.

DSCN1788.jpg

DSCN1796.jpg

DSCN1799.jpg

DSCN1805.jpg

DSCN1810.jpg

DSCN1813.jpg

DSCN1820.jpg

Not overwhelmed or happy at all. The cape was broken off the body, total 5 pieces I had to repair / glue, the boot was broken from the base, crooked right ear. Never liked the statue and didn't feel like returning it all the way over the seven seas. I have fixed it (will work on it more, eventually) to an extent at which it has become bearable and be a part of my B&W collection. :mad:

Damn dude, is that what all the AO statues look like? If so, then it looks like doo doo to me. I thought about picking this one up, but yeah....no way. It looks like it was painted with Q-tips. The only BW I own is the Frank Miller version, and it's a masterpiece. Very sorry to see that this is what you got when you pulled it from the box.

Damn dude, is that what all the AO statues look like? If so, then it looks like doo doo to me. I thought about picking this one up, but yeah....no way. It looks like it was painted with Q-tips. The only BW I own is the Frank Miller version, and it's a masterpiece. Very sorry to see that this is what you got when you pulled it from the box.

As far as paint app goes, my guess is it should be more or less the same for all the AO ones. I was not too keen on getting him, but had to. :monkey3

However, the crooked ear and broken pieces were exclusive for me. :pfft:

There is a vid-review if you'd like to check out:

The statues in the line have been a hit or a miss thing. I had hoped that the Origins Bats would, least of all, come intact. However, it couldn't take the journey. Anyways, I have better hopes with Earth 2 and the rest. Lets see.

Miller's is surely a masterpiece!

Sucks it got to you like that, that ear looks horrible. Its really a hit and miss, I guess I feel fortunate I got a good one, I'm picky too, I did a full 360 inspecting the paint on the figure and base, no cross eyes, no bent ears, good paint app, no breaks, and def no excess glue. I know some sellers get pissed but you should ask for pics before you buy, saves you a headache when you get it

On that note, I'd like to post your pics of him N. Looks pretty nice and flawless here.

Also, just to let the people (who are thinking of passing this little fellow) know, as N said, ask for pics of him from all the angles from the seller beforehand, even better, buy it from a brick and mortar store if you can:

yre2a9yh.jpg

9esu5agu.jpg

yse9ema2.jpg

adeve8az.jpg

7ezabeqy.jpg

jety5u2y.jpg

Not a 'must have' but I don't regret picking him up. Watch out for cross eyes, I went through a few till I found one without that issue

It is a big Blessing for a collector if s/he could do a 360 inspection before buying stuff. Being overseas, I sometimes have to accept what comes as it is. Just do not have the energy and willingness to go through the entire process of returning. Not worth it. :(

I would buy quite a lot of those B:TAS villains, and I only own 4 of the statues. I would love a new BT Batman also. I never liked the pose on the one they released.

One Bruce Timm statue a year would be great.

If villains, I would love to see one dedicated to the BTAS line!

Villans.jpg

If not all of them, with Harley on the way, I really hope they make Ivy. They'll make a nice pair:

poisionivy.jpg
2030331-harley_quinn.jpg

Batman Earth 2 Nicola Scott Batman came in today here are your usual dodgy phone cam pics enjoy.

Back