Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deckard

Super Freak
Reaction score
Quentins revealed he's doing another western next and it isn't a sequel to Django. Should be interesting especially considering somewhere along the way he started referring to Django as "a Southern".

"I can't talk that much about it, but I will say one thing," Tarantino told Leno. "I haven't told anyone about this publicly, but I will say the genre. It's a western. It's not a Django sequel, but it's another Western. I had so much fun doing Django and I love westerns so much, that after I taught myself how to make one, it's like 'OK, now let me make another one now that I know what I'm doing.'

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/nov/27/quentin-tarantino-next-film-western-django-unchained

Re: Tarantino's New Project "A Western"

Sounds good to me , I enjoyed Django. Wasn't there a rumour he was supposed to be doing a Dracula movie ?. That would be interesting.

I think he'd be wise to avoid Vampires for the time being until things like Twilight and all those WB tv shows fade away a bit more.

Interesting. I'd prefer he tackled another genre, but who am I kidding, I love everything Tarantino does, and I love Westerns.

**** YES! There aren't enough Westerns anymore, and Django was fantastic, so, more power to you, Mr. Tarantino!:rock

Apocalyptic Western like Mad Max?...:yess:

Loved Django last 10 mins were weak but his casting is great looking forward to this.

Maybe Kurt Russel will consider this one if their isn't a huge racism element. I'm pretty sure that's why he backed out of Django. Wouldn't mind seeing Pitt or Fass back either.

Bring back Leo I enjoyed watching his performance.

I didn't really like Django, so I'd like to see a western from him that met my expectations.

I didn't dislike Django but I was expecting something differant overall when he initially announced the project as a Western. Especially since he'd been talking about doing it for as long as he was. But he said it best himself, Django was more of a "Southern." Lotta time on the Plantation and not really your typical western movie themes aside from revenge.

I hope he uses the Deadwood set again. He's gotta be a fan to have used both it and McRaney.

Great news!:yess: I'm all for him doing another western. Whether its a traditional western of more in the style of Tombstone would be nice. I definitely would like to see Kurt Russell in it too.:)

I didn't dislike Django but I was expecting something differant overall when he initially announced the project as a Western. Especially since he'd been talking about doing it for as long as he was. But he said it best himself, Django was more of a "Southern." Lotta time on the Plantation and not really your typical western movie themes aside from revenge.

It had a lot of elements from 70's European westerns, without managing to feel like one. 'Southern' is an apt description.

Wherever it is on the compass it just wasn't one of his best. I was rewatching Kill Bill a few weeks back, and Basterds a week ago and they really are a few steps above Django in every department. Django was fun enough to sit through once, but there isn't a thing about it, not a scene in the whole movie, that compels me to revisit any of it again. If Tarantino says he now feels more at ease with making a western-style movie then it's definitely something to look forward to though.

I felt Django was overrated. Although enjoyable, i expected something different in tone. Something new and fresh might be entirely welcome.

Temuera Morrisson as a Mexican Banditito sure would make things kewl...

Back