Anyone have the Hasbro 12" Battle Droids?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockabilly

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just recently bid on a 12" Battle Droid and Super Battle Droid on eBay, and I was wondering if anyone else here had them and how the quality was on 'em. If anyone has any pics of 'em with the SS guys that would be great as well.

If these are horrible hunks of plastic, I do have a 4 year old son who loves Star Wars nearly as much, if not more than I do. So I can always pass them along to him like I have all my other Hasbro 12" figures.

Any insight/pics would be greatly appreciated.

I had two droids and a droid commander stood on my shelf for a year or so. Then the legs just sort of bent and they kept falling over so I gave them to my son to play with. Oh well!:confused:

I think that TVD hit the nail on the head.

The figure's themselves are pretty good, I display them with my SSC stuff but standing the buggers up is an altogether different issue.

Sculpt = decent

Quality = bad

Articulation = frustrating

Overall = not worth getting because you'll just throw it to the dogs eventually.

I have to agree with everyone else. I sold mine with Ki Adi Mundi on ebay a year ago lumped them togther just to get rid of it.

They aren't too bad. They have the problems everyone stated. Some company made a 1:6 battle droid a STAP model kit, That is pretty decent or at least can be made pretty decent too.

Yeah...but you could always put a fresh coat of paint on them.

DSC00327.jpg

I think the sculpts are quite good and mine stand fine.

Last edited:
That's a good paint job on the Super Battle Droid! But I agree, you're just going to end up trying to get rid of the them, even if the sculpts are nice.

Well I won a Battle Droid and Super Battle droid, if I don't like 'em it's no big deal. Like I said, my son will absolutely love them.

I do appreciate all the help and that repainted Super Battle Droid looks awesome.

I think they are worth it just for fodder. I took the hasbro droids and chopped em up and took the ertl model droids and built them and added articulation. The ertl droids are much cooler but lack any real articulation so they are a lot of work but the results are worth it.
set1.jpg

set2.jpg

set3.jpg

The droids are a little top heavy and don't stand very well on their own.

If you put a little superglue on the joints and then keep moving the joints until the glue dries, it'll help with the weak legs. I still have to use figure stands but at least now the figures are not falling over.

The Hasbro 12" line is garbage. I have several boxes with over 150 Hasbro 12" figures in'em that I doubt I could give away. My kids have a few that they play with, but my oldest daughter only collects the SS SW 12 inchers. Definitely save you money for something better.

Mini-Rock said:
The Hasbro 12" line is garbage. I have several boxes with over 150 Hasbro 12" figures in'em that I doubt I could give away. My kids have a few that they play with, but my oldes daughter only collects the SS SW 12 inchers. Definitely save you money for something better.
I pretty sure you could give them away.:monkey3 I agree they are not the best looking but i still like the fact that I have some older ones.

Well the hasbro droids are good for chopping up. The ertl droids are models and not that sturdy. I used anamotonics ball socket joints (i think that's what they are called) for the hips and shoulders. The knees and elbows have a little click joint. I had to get creative with the neck and ankles and make my own joints. I added springs to the ankles and magnets to the feet to help it stand. It's a lot of work so I've only modified one with another in the works...

That's just amazing, dude. I would totally buy one of those; it's totally worthy of being put with Sideshow's stuff; I imagine it's a ton of work though. Still, I've always liked the look of the battle droids, and would love a few to put with my Jedi figures. Man I want one now!

Mini-Rock said:
The Hasbro 12" line is garbage.

It's only garbage if you are comparing it to SS's pieces.

Remember, Hasbro produced mass-market toys but SS produces collectibles. There's a big difference between the two. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

If you compare Hasbo's 1/6 SW figures to other mass-market figures, Hasbro's are one of the best.

Captain aldeggon if you can construct a model than you can piece the ertl model together the only real trick is adding the extra articulation but with the right parts that's not to difficult either. I wish I had the time to do the work for you but I don't I can however send you the extra ball sockets if you want to make the conversion yourself.

Back