Prop HCG 89 Batman head cowl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atheris

Super Freak
Reaction score
Only 100 available!

Ordered

https://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/cowl1989/

image_zps32cc6cdc.jpg

b783598b4a49c6fcc90f886ff226e168_zpsc64e7243.jpg

48e988f407773c22fdbf54450213cc9a_zps918ebdba.jpg

Chris

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw this on blister.jp the other day and I thought it looked really sweet.

I ordered mine today. Doesn't look like it has the texture the movie cowl has though, other than that, still damn excited!! Will look great in any collection!

I ordered mine today. Doesn't look like it has the texture the movie cowl has though, other than that, still damn excited!! Will look great in any collection!

I think the Toynami one have a more 'fierce' eye hole shape than this one, which is more screen accurate. And also more protruding brow area which gives the shadowy effect.

Batman-Returns-Batman-Cowl-from-Toynami-1.jpg

The one by HCG has a less fierce look, kinda 'soft' to quote rorywan. :lol

I think the Toynami one have a more 'fierce' eye hole shape than this one, which is more screen accurate. And also more protruding brow area which gives the shadowy effect.

Batman-Returns-Batman-Cowl-from-Toynami-1.jpg

The one by HCG has a less fierce look, kinda 'soft' to quote rorywan. :lol

This one looks more like batman returns cowl..... I trieds looking up comparison pics but cant find any close ups.

I would say you need to look a little more fiece when fighting Danny DeVito

CM cowl is from Batman returns, HCG is from the first 89 batman. They look a little different.

Technically the CM version is the less accurate one since the belt in Batman returns was gold, not yellow. And I think the texture you mentioned it missing was only on Batmans cape, his cowl was smooth in the 89 movie.

Chris

cool thanks for the clarification!

but that LTD to 100 does effect me because i'm from FRANCE, WE COME FROM FRANCE.

I prefer the Toynami one but as I missed out on that I will pick this up if my go to UK collector can source it

Toynami one does look more menacing!! But I still love the original - would be good to see a side by side comparison... Sorry, I'm not good with photoshop....

Thanks rad0324! Damn, that Toynami does look heaps better!! Put that 89 Batman chest emblem on the Returns cowl - Perfection!! I actually prefer the Toynami base too....

If you put an overhead light above the HCG version they would look almost identical. Shadows go a long way in the CM Pic.

And as I said above, the CM base is inaccurate, it should be gold not yellow.

Chris

Back