New "Buffy" trading cards from Rittenhouse!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlc38tlc38

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Source: https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/7227067046

Rittenhouse's official site: https://www.scifihobby.com

I've never heard of Rittenhouse. I'm not sure how well they do trading cards. To me, inkworks was awesome, I'm not sure if they can be topped. However, Sarah has actually agreed to do autograph cards for this company. I don't know when these cards are to be released or even if it'll be a full set(s). We'll just have to wait and see. If I see or hear anything new, I will give updates!

Last edited:
Rittenhouse is actually a decent non sports trading card company. With Inkworks no longer in business, Rittenhouse is a great company to have the Buffy license. I wouldn't have too many worries about them.

As far as a Sarah auto, I could imagine that autograph card selling for a few hundred dollars once they start surfacing on eBay. Best chance would probably try to pull her auto card in a hobby box. It'll be interesting to see who else signs for this set.

Damn what is with all of the new buffy merch? I like it but it is very surprising.

Now this is something where I might buy a couple boxes of, assuming it is like other trading cards and there is a limited amount of the special cards you can pull.

Damn what is with all of the new buffy merch? I like it but it is very surprising.

Now this is something where I might buy a couple boxes of.

Yeah, I'm surprised too. Wish Sideshow would jump back on the band wagon. I tried posting in my old thread in the Ask Sideshow section...and for some reason I can't post in it anymore. :/ (Not sure what to think about that. :lol)

As for the cards, yeah. If the price was right, I'd get a box just to increase my odds. I miss my old card collecting days.

I miss my old card collecting days.
I'm still collecting the Buffy inkworks & ikon cards. There are plenty of promo, autograph, and pieceworks cards I still don't have. I buy, on average, 2 or 3 new cards a month on eBay.

Buying cards individually on eBay is the way to go. I used to break hobby boxes and always have crap luck pulling decent autograph cards (which is typically what I gun for). It got really expensive and I gave up. Looking back on it, I could've put that money and scored a few premium certified autograph cards.

Inkworks did a decent job with the Buffy line. They did a decent job with Firefly, Scooby Doo, Looney Tunes, Charmed, and Lord of the Rings. You had some decent signers in those sets. It's too bad that they are no longer around.

Right now, I really like Cryptozoic. They've got Big Bang Theory, Walking Dead, Castle, Fringe, Revenge, Vampire Diaries, and they have Sons of Anarchy and The Hobbit coming out pretty soon.

Stumbled across this news last friday as well, i was soo excited for the first time in years about some new buffy stuff.
SMG was the only auto never released by inkworks which i always wanted so badly.
Better start saving my pennies for this card!
its a definite addition to my card collection!

Buying cards individually on eBay is the way to go. I used to break hobby boxes and always have crap luck pulling decent autograph cards (which is typically what I gun for). It got really expensive and I gave up. Looking back on it, I could've put that money and scored a few premium certified autograph cards.

Inkworks did a decent job with the Buffy line. They did a decent job with Firefly, Scooby Doo, Looney Tunes, Charmed, and Lord of the Rings. You had some decent signers in those sets. It's too bad that they are no longer around.

Right now, I really like Cryptozoic. They've got Big Bang Theory, Walking Dead, Castle, Fringe, Revenge, Vampire Diaries, and they have Sons of Anarchy and The Hobbit coming out pretty soon.

Cryptozoic is doing awesomely!
I really dig their stuff but dont collect all.
Im excited to hear theyll be doing Supernatural this year, might jump on those, and some more WD card autos.
Although, there are people on ebay selling fake autos, so you gotta be cautious when buying autos. The WD Reedus/Dixon was a big one which was being faked :mad:

I also dont buy boxes/cases anymore, my last stint was Topps Indy heritage and Topps Star wars 30th back in 2007-2008, both of which i got bupkus for big $$$.
Now i just get indivdual cards, and the base sets you can more often than not pick up for next to nothing.

Cryptozoic is doing awesomely!
I really dig their stuff but dont collect all.
Im excited to hear theyll be doing Supernatural this year, might jump on those, and some more WD card autos.
Although, there are people on ebay selling fake autos, so you gotta be cautious when buying autos. The WD Reedus/Dixon was a big one which was being faked :mad:

I also dont buy boxes/cases anymore, my last stint was Topps Indy heritage and Topps Star wars 30th back in 2007-2008, both of which i got bupkus for big $$$.
Now i just get indivdual cards, and the base sets you can more often than not pick up for next to nothing.

The last case I picked up was Big Bang Theory Season 1. I did okay at best. Winded up getting most of cards in the set. I'm missing the Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, and Jim Parsons autos and a Penny Costume Card...but at the current going rates they are pretty much unobtainable....especially the Cuoco auto card. My best autograph cards from the set are the Kunal Nayyar and Johnny Galecki auto cards.

As far as Walking Dead, I only have 3 autos from Season 2 (Scott Wilson, Norman Reedus, and Steven Yeun) that I scored pretty early on. Missed Season 1 entirely. My LCS carries these cards and sold out of hobby boxes as quick as they received them.

I'm thinking about getting the Rittenhouse Buffy cards. I hope they add Alyson Hannigan, Eliza Dushku, Michelle (I can never spell her last name right) Trachenberg, and Seth Green.

I'm thinking about getting the Rittenhouse Buffy cards. I hope they add Alyson Hannigan, Eliza Dushku, Michelle (I can never spell her last name right) Trachenberg, and Seth Green.

I was trying to pick up a cuoco auto from series 1 also, but as you said prices just made it unobtainable.

I picked up 2 x Lincoln/Grimes autos from WD. I thought they would skyrocket as the main character but they were selling very cheaply.

I sold off my Inkworks Buffy autos a few years ago, (i regret selling the S2 Charisma it was an awesome variant ive never seen again with a pentagram above her 'i'.) But had duplicates of boreanaz and hannigan which i still have now.
I loved the look of the inkworks Buffy Season 1-7 autos. been meaning to re-pick up Dushku again.
Still have Seasons 1-2 Complete auto sets for Angel.
Seth Green would be a good one to get as he was the other one apart from SMG who never signed for IW. :pray:

I'm down! Looking forward to more details about this.

I am eh'ish on here. What would make me super excited when it comes to Buffy license news if I hear another company like Gentle Giant is doing 1/4 pieces in the theme of their Sucker Punch line for Buffy. Now I know for a fact those pieces would sell on a limited level... mostly because they will come out better than anything we have seen before hand. The new stuff GG has been pumping out lately is mind blowing. I also would like to see Hot Toys level Buffy figures made. I can't even look at my SSC 1/6 scale Buffy/Angel figures without getting the bad kind of shivers.

I am eh'ish on here. What would make me super excited when it comes to Buffy license news if I hear another company like Gentle Giant is doing 1/4 pieces in the theme of their Sucker Punch line for Buffy. Now I know for a fact those pieces would sell on a limited level... mostly because they will come out better than anything we have seen before hand. The new stuff GG has been pumping out lately is mind blowing. I also would like to see Hot Toys level Buffy figures made. I can't even look at my SSC 1/6 scale Buffy/Angel figures without getting the bad kind of shivers.

I like all of those ideas. I think they would sell, if done properly. Heck, Sideshow sold out everything they made, even of the new polystone line.

Big difference between trading cards and statues. Maybe it's something for GG to look into if they take notice of the product that Funko is going to pump out this year. But even with that, there is a slight difference between action figures and high end statues. It would be a risk for Gentle Giant and not one I think they would be willing to take. I think you'd have better luck having a company like NECA make 18" figures and prop replicas with the Buffy license.

With trading cards, it's a no brainer. There are incentives (randomly inserted autograph, relic, sketch cards, redemptions, etc) to keep collectors interested and companies like Leaf, Cryptozoic, Topps, Rittenhouse, Press Pass, etc. are getting heavily involved in the non sports card market. Look at the prices for some of the higher end auto cards, the Cryptozoic Big Bang Theory Kaley Cuoco autograph cards are selling for $600+ when they are available. It's crazy. I never thought I'd see new trading cards go for that much. Take a look at the new Thor: Dark World autograph cards that hit recently as another example. Imagine how much a certified Sarah Michell Gellar Buffy autograph card are going to go for once they start hitting eBay...

This is great news for people who like this sort of thing. For me, I want to get an autograph from a celebrity in person.

I'm betting the Buffy auto will presell at 500+. It also wouldn't surprise me if it ended up being an 8 case incentive for the first set they release.

Cryptozoic's releases are at just ridiculous prices. I prefer the old Rittenhouse and Inworks method of getting almost a master set with one case. Now people are breaking 5 or more cases of Cryptozoic product and they still aren't getting every auto. Ratios are ridiculous. You pretty much have to expect to drop a few of grand just for the basic set/autos and that doesn't even include sketches.

It was stated on the Rittenhouse website that there would be NO repeat signers from Inkworks in this set.

That's kinda cool but I was hoping for another Alyson Hannigan and David Boreanaz.

I'd really like these autos since they didn't sign for Inkworks:
SMG (confirmed)
Seth Green (Oz)
Eric Balfour (Jesse)
Brian Thompson (Luke & The Judge)
Ken Lerner (Principal Flutie)
Clea DuVall (Marcie Ross)
James Jude Courtney (Der Kindestod)
Larry Bagby (Larry)
K. Todd Freeman (Mr. Trick)
Dagney Kerr (Kathy Newman)
David Wells (The Cheese Guy)