Statue custom handmade 1:10 alien queen skull statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonshadow918

Freakalicious
Reaction score
hi guys I'm a new member~I love both aliens and predators, however I'm kinda tired of those similar products on the markets, so I decided to make something new~

since most of my collections are 7" inches figurines, which is 1:10 scale, so I decided to make a 1:10 scale alien queen skull for my predator figures.

first I made the skull and lower jaw, then I drawn the shame of the crown on the cardboard. I did some research about the size of alien queen in aliens movie 2, so the size is pretty accurate.

1480779_10151826832989599_938237301_n_zpsfc4bc386.jpg

then slowly I used a type of AB clay called "magic sculp" to build all the details~

1526550_10151826841889599_2070494325_n_zpsb2945de0.jpg

attach the skull to the crown bone, making the side bone pieces and adding more details

1535494_10151826863724599_1224687318_n_zps85bf4c32.jpg

I started this project last month and finally managed to finish it before Xmas because my friends asked me to cast a few to give to them as Xmas presents XD All the details were killing me but the final thing is absolutely worth the effort!

Front view, I also designed the metopic sutures to make it look more realistic
IMG_6390_zpsb03d507f.jpg

details on the back
IMG_6389_zpsee697e82.jpg

I used tamiya's paints and spray cans to paint it, it's pretty hard to make it looks realistic, but finally I managed to give it a nice touch up. First I was making just for NECA's skull trophy wall, then I decided to add a wooden base and a steel rod to make is a museum class ultimate collection~I'm really happy about it, I put it on my desk and all my guests was like "OMG what's that? is that a lizard's skull???" lol

IMG_6403_zpsf64451a1.jpg

IMG_6405_zpse3eabcde.jpg

IMG_6406_zps44eeab1d.jpg

IMG_6409_zpsa1b3a479.jpg

the skull can move freely inside the crown bone, also I managed to add a joint to the lower jaw so it can rise it's head open it's mouth, just like the scene from the moive~

IMG_6412_zps95a08d7a.jpg

IMG_6413_zps9954d302.jpg

Now I'm thinking to make a 1:10 scale fully alien queen skeleton, the queen in movie 2 is 4.3 meter tall, so the final thing would be around 43cm tall, which is huge! I'm thinking to finish this project in year 2014, and I will keep update the progress~

Thanks for watching and hope you guys enjoyed my work :)

Looks great and yes please make a full Queen in 1/10 scale. That'd be really cool.

Looks awesome. I do have sort of a related but somewhat stupid question though...If the xenomorphs are all exoskeleton anyway why would their skeleton be white and why would it look different than when they're alive? Should't they look the same just like how dried exoskeleton insect specimen look the same as when they were alive? I agree the bone color looks cooler though..

Looks awesome. I do have sort of a related but somewhat stupid question though...If the xenomorphs are all exoskeleton anyway why would their skeleton be white and why would it look different than when they're alive? Should't they look the same just like how dried exoskeleton insect specimen look the same as when they were alive? I agree the bone color looks cooler though..

that's not correct I'm afraid, aliens have both exoskeletons and and endoskeletons, it's like a layer of skin covers on the exoskeletons, then the rest of body tissues inside the exoskeleton grows around the endoskeletons. Check out predators 2 and AVPR, there were alien worriers' skulls in those movies. :)

That is definitely one of the better Queen skulls I have seen. Nice job man :clap

Two questions. Do you have any pictures with it next to any of the Predators? And have you thought about doing more to sale?

That is definitely one of the better Queen skulls I have seen. Nice job man :clap

Two questions. Do you have any pictures with it next to any of the Predators? And have you thought about doing more to sale?

first question:yes~

large_ZWAy_6798000099971260_zps36bbca25.jpg

IMG_6415_zps6a1c7aec.jpg

second question:yes,you can PM me

Beautiful work, I would definately want to buy one from you if you would consider doing one in 1/6 scale. It's resculpting the whole thing all over again so I definately understand if you don't want to do that, great job on the sculpt and the paint/weathering looks awesome!

Beautiful work, I would definately want to buy one from you if you would consider doing one in 1/6 scale. It's resculpting the whole thing all over again so I definately understand if you don't want to do that, great job on the sculpt and the paint/weathering looks awesome!

well 1:6 scale is actually easier because all the details are larger to work with, it's just because I'm not a 1:6 scale collector :)

also I might have to spend hundreds of pounds on magic sculpt clay, 1:10 scale is already quite large, if make the scale to 1:6, I think the length of skull is going to be 50cm long and should weight around 5KG XD

packed and ready to be posted XD

so how you gonna paint it? I suggest to apply a flat finish in the end so it looks more realistic, that's how I did it~

Well it depends. Is the resin white to begin with? If so, I was thinking about just a couple different black & brown washes for all the juicy details. Otherwise, probably an ivory or light grey with the same washes. So many options! :D

Back