Optibotimus Reviews: Hot Toys Mandarin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, that's an awesome "light box" you got there. Is DIY? Can I get the details on it?

Great review btw. Keep'em coming, man!

Another weirdo hands in front of the camera review. Seems like this hobby does attract some weirdos. You can take one step back from the camera you know. That way can do your limp wristed hand movements all you want without is being a distraction coming in from the sides of the camera. The fact that you insist on standing right over the camera while doing it just shows an amazing level of weirdo behavior.

oeazC7k.gif

Hey Opt thanks for the review, i hope you continue posting them here regardless what others think or say.

I had reservations about the figure as 1) I wasn't a huge fan of character in the film 2) I agree it felt incomplete as is. HT did a bang up job on the sculpt and others have shown how to make it a bit more complete at little cost. As a result, I am looking forward to this one.

Nice review. I would buy it if I had room but I don't so this is an easy pass. The price of cloth goods have gone up so with all the designs and fabrics, I think the $215 retail price is fair. I mean HT could have given him a gun or something too.

This may be incorrect, but from what I've heard, there's some rule against including guns w/'terrorist' figures. Honestly, I have no idea if it's true but it's stupid enough that it's believable the government got involved in something this trivial.

Another weirdo hands in front of the camera review. Seems like this hobby does attract some weirdos. You can take one step back from the camera you know. That way can do your limp wristed hand movements all you want without is being a distraction coming in from the sides of the camera. The fact that you insist on standing right over the camera while doing it just shows an amazing level of weirdo behavior.

Man geesh, you can simply say you don't like it without all the weirdo jabs...he is doing us a favor.

This may be incorrect, but from what I've heard, there's some rule against including guns w/'terrorist' figures. Honestly, I have no idea if it's true but it's stupid enough that it's believable the government got involved in something this trivial.

There was an osama set with head n clothes that came with an ak47 though so I'm not sure, maybe that was okay as it was unlicensed? Still the fact that his character was actually not a terrorist but an "actor" makes it unlikely the gov't cares that much about this. I really think its hot toys being cheap and lazy.

Awesome review btw.

Malgus is very obvious troll who has somehow managed to stay here for god knows what reason... Must have nudies of dave or something

Yeah, we can't have them going on a homicidal rampage on the shelf. *eyerolls to infinity and beyond* That's right up there with suspending little kids from school because they threatened classmates with a Pop Tart nibbled into the shape of a gun. LOL.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. It's appreciated. And don't worry, I'm not gonna be chased off by someone who basically wants video reviews to just be pictures of the figure with voices overs.

To them, I say I have a special hand gesture just for you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting in my $0.02, those who are bothered by the hands must be very irritable people. :lol
I never paid them attention until some freaks started pointing them out.

Anyways, great review! :duff Glad I pulled the trigger on this figure.

Putting in my $0.02, those who are bothered by the hands must be very irritable people. :lol
I never paid them attention until some freaks started pointing them out.

Anyways, great review! :duff Glad I pulled the trigger on this figure.

I actually watched a number of reviews of his an never paid much attention, but then from the malgus thread its become more obvious :lol

I dont really care, as I said in there no reviewer is gunna please everyone

Back