Medicom Real Action Heroes Cammy and Chun Li

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monger

Super Freak
Reaction score
These are definite buys for me. I've always wanted their first Chun Li so perhaps I'll just get this one instead.

03-noscale.jpg

02-noscale.jpg

01-noscale.jpg

hIE1388150426.jpeg

Medicom having the license for Ultra Street Fighter IV is very exciting, especially since they seemed to have not attempted to replicate SF4's incredibly ugly art style and proportions. I hope we get a Juri.

The faces look great and I imagine Chun Li's outfit will come out like Saber, which is very good. Only thing I'm worried about is that they opted to cover Cammy's legs with material to hide the joints. I can only hope that material won't tear.

Last edited:
Yep. A nice surprise from Medicom. They've been dishing out the great licenses recently.

Cammy wearing leggings? Oops, she is. I really liked their first Chun Li - I'd imagine this one got better?

The last Street Fighter game I played was when I was 6 but this figure looks awesome. Dear Medicom, keep doing stuff to compete with Hot "Iron Man" Toys.

On closer inspection, Cammy indeed seems to be wearing leggings. This might be the best solution to hiding joints so long as it convincingly looks like her legs in person. Picture wise it seems to work nicely.

Medicom only do complete lines for Kamen Riders & Ultramens. Because it's their bread & butter, just like Ironmen & Predator are to HT.

Medicom is smart enough to realize if they do complete line-ups for niche figures they will end up not able to sell them.

Kamen Rider & Ultramen are sure sell in Japan based on their 20 years track record. Berserk might sell well but no gurantee about that. So if Cammy & Chun Li does sell very well, Ryu & Ken might be next, if not, cya.

Gantz had good figure, but they didn't sell well.

Yeah they sell things based on sales, but also on licenses. They did an entire run for Madoka, did all the main characters and is now doing a schoolgirl version of Madoka herself. Also, with Kamen Rider and Ultraman those are joint collaborations with Bandai so the way it is handled is unique. Their Jojo lineup is very extensive as well. Unless it's a collaboration, it's hard to predict if they will sustain the line or not.

I'm guessing these two figures will sell well so if that's the case they probably will keep going. Street Fighter fans have been exposed to quite a few types of high end collectibles so it's a decent market to target, unlike say Naruto where most of the fans cannot afford those luxuries.

Honestly, my guess is that Capcom has made at least one deal with one of these companies specifically requesting that they make a figure of the 5th character for Ultra. She has been confirmed female and never been playable in a SF game so there has been quite a decent amount of hype as to who she is. I wouldn't be surprised if on the day of the new trailer showing her, we suddenly get word of a figure or statue of her too. It's probably either Medicom, Square Enix (PAK), or PCS that will do it.

A new female SF? Interesting.

If sales is what drives the continuation of Medicom lines, then does that mean the DC line is doing well? The 1st 2 figures, Hush Batman & Joker, have been in the bargain bin at various places for a bit (& still are), & yet they've shown Harley Quinn, Catwoman, Batman (black), Batman (Miller), & Superman in that line as well, which I think are all already up for pre order. Who knows, there might even be more DC figures planned.

Maybe sales aren't the only thing factored in when deciding to continue a certain line or not.

Back