Optibotimus Reviews: SSC 1/6th scale Darth Malgus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your reviews. And I encourage you to stay yourself, as you have brilliantly defended your style recently; it is your style, and I applaud you for sticking to it.

Yeah nice review Optibotimus. Malgus is looking sweet and I may have to hunt down the exclusive head at some point.

Also I know next to nothing about the character and I pre-ordered him due to taking a liking to his design but he really looks like something out of the Masters of the Universe 1987 movie. Skeletor meets Blade I think.

Very nice review and cool displaying him thank you for the early video review sir. AWESOME FIGURE , CANT WAIT TO GET HIM.

Its very interesting how big Malgus is thickness wise and how vader is skinny arm ,leg wise . I'm kinda suprised how vader turned out and how well Malgus did turn out. I wish they beefed up vader like malgus a bit. Just kinda odd they didnt beef up Vader before release. ON another note hope we see more release's from this franchise and more sith.

Great review again, I am still not sold on this figure. :( I find the tailoring limited whereas the sculpt / paint apps looked pretty solid

Thanks for the review. Amazing how far they have come with the face paint. That right there is great work.

Irony is that body would have been much better suited to Vader :slap

The delay on this figure to Jan, having Mary Jane statue moved up to Jan, Cobra Commander delayed to Jan and Vader coming out in Jan will probably mean i'll have to cancel :(

Its very interesting how big Malgus is thickness wise and how vader is skinny arm ,leg wise . I'm kinda suprised how vader turned out and how well Malgus did turn out. I wish they beefed up vader like malgus a bit. Just kinda odd they didnt beef up Vader before release. ON another note hope we see more release's from this franchise and more sith.

A lot of that thickness on Malgus is due to his body armor i think.

I also think that Vader gets unfairly "bulked up" amongst fans. Watching the films again, he wasn't that massive. Yet it seems people think he should be the size of a body builder. He wasn't.

I just think a little more bulk could have helped with the bunching up on his or vaders suit you talked about in your review. Again thank's for review great job sir loved how you showed the cape options on Malgus.

I just think a little more bulk could have helped with the bunching up on his or vaders suit you talked about in your review. Again thank's for review great job sir loved how you showed the cape options on Malgus.

OH i totally agree with that. I think that is more of a problem with the lack of "filler" in the hip area on the underbody itself.

And thank you for the compliment :) Glad you enjoyed the video

I also think that Vader gets unfairly "bulked up" amongst fans. Watching the films again, he wasn't that massive. Yet it seems people think he should be the size of a body builder. He wasn't.

Yes he was. David P. is a body builder and weightlifter..

I would prefer my Vader to have articulation (which is seems is pretty lacking with Malgus). So I am ok with the new Vader body.

Good review O.

Anyways - Great review. I did get the SS EX, but most likely display him with the mask on. Really outstanding figure, at first I was a bit bummed out for not getting the PF, but now, after seeing the figure, I am happy, it will look great, and fit in a detolf, so win-win for me.

And - Few pics of Dave - He had enough meat to fill thicker arms than SS Vader :) :
158844958_-wars-darth-vader-signed-autographed-photo-with-coa-.jpg

prowse3-329x300.png

Fhandtastic review!!!!! as usual, SSC does a way nicer job on a character like this than Vader myself. Even the paint apps looks nicer on the heads than the Vader.

Back