what is your opinion on these book editions?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aragorn91

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post do just a quick hello to everyone:)

Now the question I have is regarding the lord of the rings books, I have read them like everyone else buy now I am looking to buy a better edition than my crappy ripped paperback I have, the one I have in mind is the 50 year anniversary edition I believe its called, a red colour in a slip case.

What do you think about that book?, is it worth the money?, one of the better ones?

I am also looking at the 30 year anniversary of the silmarillion, the hobbit and children of hurin, all with the slip cases, I have never read these, are they all worth s read and are

Hi all, this is my first post do just a quick hello to everyone:)

Now the question I have is regarding the lord of the rings books, I have read them like everyone else buy now I am looking to buy a better edition than my crappy ripped paperback I have, the one I have in mind is the 50 year anniversary edition I believe its called, a red colour in a slip case.

What do you think about that book?, is it worth the money?, one of the better ones?

I am also looking at the 30 year anniversary of the silmarillion, the hobbit and children of hurin, all with the slip cases, I have never read these, are they all worth s read and are

The Silmarillion is an amazing book, the very definition of fantasy literature, Tolkien actually makes you believe that the events he describes really happened. It has a grandeur and magnificence that is unparalleled. The children of Hurin refers to a specific Silmarillion story, the most dramatic and tragic one. It is a beautiful book and a must read for any Tolkien fan. Another book you should consider is the Unfinished tales. it gives more details and perspectives on the Middle Earth stories. The Hobbit is of course worth reading but I wouldn't put it on the same level as the other ones.

One thing you should understand is that while the LOTR and the HOBBIT are written as novels, the Silmarillion, the Children of Hurin and the Unfinished Tales have more the feeling of epic history books that describe real events that happened a long long time ago. I have read all of them twice and I am heading for the third reading.

Back