DIY BEAST™ In-Wall Shelf Project 105"x38"x30"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cartman5579

Super Freak
Reaction score
So, i'm finally getting around to finishing off my basement and couldn't decide how i wanted to display my Statues... Was thinking about a few built in shelves and then it dawned on me that i should just do one huge shelf that would tide me over for a good couple years. Its 110" long, 38" in height, and 28" deep. Figure this will be enough room to display anything i would get other than some of the 1/2" figures which if i ever got them would be displayed on the floor anyways. The room in the wall will allow me to use a mix of taller PF's or Maquettes with risers in the back for smaller PF's.

I'm in the beginning stages of the construction but it will be complete by next week and i'll post up progress pics as i go along. I can't wait to have one massive hole in the wall filled with a mix of everything. :yess:

Last edited:
Re: Custom In-Wall Shelf 110"x38"x28"

Eventually, this will start looking like something! I promise.

su9a3aze.jpg
zu3aqeje.jpg

Timber frames take me back to getting my room done lol exciting times mate, it will look beasting when its done for real! What you thinking for lighting?

Timber frames take me back to getting my room done lol exciting times mate, it will look beasting when its done for real! What you thinking for lighting?

Watching your vids made me think about what is happening down in my man cave right now. I'm going to hang track lighting from the ceiling on the outside of the shelf. They will be the spotlight types that you can point wherever you want. Probably about 6 of them and i think over time when i come up with some more cash i'll make an acrylic door that hinges on top so that when your viewing it, it will almost look like a 3D picture on the wall.

Not much of an update, but did some more of the frame work tonight after work and ran the electrical I needed for the lighting and anything that has a light up feature. Hard to see what's happening here, but I do have a vision of the final product

upumunyr.jpg
uvabese2.jpg
y4ubu4y6.jpg

More, more, more! :D

I need more time! Day job kills the momentum

No, no, no, you don't need 8 hours of sleep. ;)

Ok, getting this done finally. Installed some electrical inside the shelf, one in the lower left for things that have light up and need ac, and one on top for track lighting, both controlled by one switch. Drywall is going up and tomorrow will finish framing and drywalling the hole in the wall.. Lol. I'm thinking it will be mudded and painted by the weekend. Some progress pics

esa5e5y5.jpg
vuqe2a7e.jpg
buje4atu.jpg
ehunasuq.jpg
5y3u7ygy.jpg
u2u7ebuj.jpg
e4eqemyg.jpg

Where's your pressure treated bottom plates? Lol

I

looking good, I have plans to do something this big when I get the space

Nicely done.

Thank you, good sir!

Where's your pressure treated bottom plates? Lol
It's looking good, I have plans to do something this big when I get the space

Just bought the house, with full intentions of using this space for some sort of display. I'll be adding some vertical supports and 3/4 plywood on top for added support :) I'm really looking forward to actually having enough figs to fill the space up :gah:

Can't wait to see finish result mate

cartmanchips.gif
I'll just wait here for the next update. :D

Another day of grueling work, but it's coming along. Put The Chief in the center for some size reference, but the center is reserved for Sauron!

udepu9er.jpg
byqunatu.jpg
aty7edeh.jpg
urebanyv.jpg
bypeva2y.jpg
tumahyga.jpg

Man that basements gonna rock when done. Good work!

Thanks man, so much work but going to be very worth it. Always wanted to just have everything on one big shelf, mix and match lines, can't wait to see it all finished and have enough money to actually fill it up with figs! :yess:

Back