Statue Weta Gollum life size statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atheris

Super Freak
Reaction score
Don't know if theirs a thread on this yet, I couldn't find one. Anyone order? Looks pretty good. I just placed mine :)

Also life size Gandalf.

https://www.wetanz.com/gollum-life-size-statue/

88F10C12-79CE-4874-8B0F-8E036C2C94A1_zpsd5g4rero.jpg

E8932EE9-A761-4AA1-A4B8-F03056425ADC_zps2s4fijr3.jpg

https://www.wetanz.com/gandalf-the-grey-life-size-statue/

D7842DE0-6246-43C4-B678-09C81B88C56E_zpszzjpqprt.jpg

2A6BE2B2-5BAB-4FDB-B4CB-03CAD5FAC733_zps4d7bg4il.jpg

Chris

Last edited:
I've seen it in person. At first I was taken back by how small Gollum really is. Also how much of the statue is a rock. The plus side is it brings him closer to eye level but it was too distracting for me.

On close inspection, the details were good. Unfortunately I've little to compare to because I haven't seen many life size pieces in the flesh. It's better than Sideshow's Batman and Superman busts but they're cartoony so shouldn't be compared.

I see what you're saying about the base, but the statue itself seems fairly large.
That photo with the girl is deceiving because she is very short. It's certainly life size. I just always imagined him slightly larger because he's rarely alongside anyone but hobbits in the movies.

Anyone getting this or the gandalf statue?
Been thinking of getting the rubies gollum for about $800 but thats made of styrofoam... This is $3000... Is $2200 additional worth gollum being elevated and made of fiberglass? Wacha guys think? I mean, the rubies gollum isnt so bad actually

Going weta for an extra $2000? Worth it? Haha really debating on this one

Saw the hobbit last night in IMAX 3D. What an awesome movie, very pleased with how it turned out. I hope Weta can give us some awesome smaug statues. The whole end portion of the movie with the dragon was just epic.

Chris

Back