Disney Takes Over Future Rights to Indiana Jones Films

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Walt Disney Studios and Paramount Pictures have reached a distribution and marketing agreement for the Indiana Jones franchise.

Under the arrangement, Disney gains distribution and marketing rights to future films, in addition to retaining its current ownership rights which it secured when it acquired Lucasfilm.

Paramount will continue to be responsible for distribution of the first four films in the franchise and will receive a financial participation on any future films that are produced and released.

Though Disney now owns the rights they have not officially announced that a fifth films is in the works.

Back in August while promoting his Relativity film “Paranoia,” Harrison Ford expressed interest in doing another film but as of right now no writers have been set to write a script and Steven Spielberg has not committed to a sequel.

That said, now that Disney has those rights they likely will move quickly to get a film in motion. Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger has expressed a lot of interest to monetize the brand ever since Disney bought Lucasfilm last year.

The last installment “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull” grossed $783 million worldwide.

Oh, we'll get more than one. Whether anybody wants it or not. Regardless of who's in them, who's directing or whether or not it's a story worth telling. If it's a recognizable franchise, Hollywood will cash in.

Indiana Jones and the Monetizing of the Brand.

I has a sad now.

The bad news just doesn't end. First Terminator is getting a reboot, and now this garbage. Indy 5 is inevitable >_>

Yea if they do both just reboot them stop hanging on to Ford and Arnold.

I'll take that over looking at super old washed up versions of the beloved characters. As far as I know, Arnie signed on for T5.

The bad news just doesn't end. First Terminator is getting a reboot, and now this garbage. Indy 5 is inevitable >_>

I heard the Snake Plissken escape from franchise is now Disneys....................:yess:.....JK:wink1:

It pains me to say it, but I would rather see a reboot at this point as well.

Back