The merging of forums

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, this forum was created when SSC got the Indiana Jones license. The outpouring of 1/6 figures and dynamic statues didn't exactly happen.

Can anyone think of any reason why this forum shouldn't be merged back into General? (Split into the respective categories of course.)

Speak now or forever hold your peace.:monkey1

Can you merge it with Disney? I feel that Disney would be a better fit as they own the franchise and it would be easier to find then the General folder...

Can anyone think of any reason why this forum shouldn't be merged back into General? (Split into the respective categories of course.)

Until the General Collectibles sub-forum is re-organized/segmented, I don't think anything should be merged into that sub-forum, it's already got too much stuff in it as it is.

We need a General Chat forum for all the threads like "DX15, what's it going to be?" "How many figures do you own?" and all this other stuff.

We need a 1/6 Forum for all the actual product threads, and an "everything else" forum the series threads like MOTUC, Figurarts, Breaking Bad, etc.

Move the Indy Customizations, Trevor Grove Firefly heads, Save the Planet of the Apes thread into the Customs forum.

Last edited:
I was against it back in the days. Now you realise. Kill it.

Merge them all...

palpatine.jpg

I don't want it in general. That section is too congested with hodgepodge threads as it is. If you are going to merge it, put it with Disney.

I hate to admit it, but the line is pretty much dead. :(.

But I agree that Indy stuff will be too hard to find in the general section. I think the general section will need to be sub-divided to smaller sections, like it has been suggested.

Just so I'm clear in my own head. What are the benefits of merging the threads? Is it a memory or site performance thing or is it merely an archiving exercise?

I don't see the benefits of merging. I mostly visit the indiana jones and star wars section because these are my main interests. These are easy to find. If it is merged into a main thread finding it will require a lot of searching and reading all the threads before I find anything I like. I vote for leaving as it is. Here we Indy fans come together :)

Best,

Robert

I also like the idea of a dedicated Indy area… Don't want to wade through a bunch of other stuff to find Indy...

I can emphasize with users frequently visiting the Indy and Disney threads. But what about putting those in general with subboards? Put these two in there, anime, whedonville (don't hate me now!) or even make a split between general involving collectibles and threads that don't.

Back