Mother's Basement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jokes & Bats

Super Freak
Reaction score
Can I Just warn everyone about Mother's Basement in the UK. After 4 months of having my money, I cancelled my order with them because they constantly pushed back their stock delivery dates. I decided to pay £60 more and buy the figure on ebay.

After promising me my refund via PayPal, as this was the way I paid, it has taken 3 weeks and endless phone calls and emails for them to finally return my money. Though, having said that, I have to wait 3 to 5 days from today for it to clear.

Their Facebook page is constantly filled with customers asking where their orders are and all the replies just seem like wild guesses at delivery dates.

Maybe you have had a good experience with them but I have had nothing but endless problems. Please beware.

I've ordered a couple of in stock items, rather than pre-orders and they have arrived the next day.

I will say though that their so called lowest price guaranteed promise is nonsense, as I never got the difference refunded + 10% when I found the item cheaper elsewhere.

I have a pre-order with them also, and received a request in july asking for full payment as item was due to arrive within 14 days. I sent payment and i am still waiting for the item as I keep receiving updates informing me item has been delayed

Sorry to hear that Jokes & Bats. These UK retailers are getting slower and slower.

I only have one PO with them (DX13) and they have been nothing but helpful thus far but this is the first time I have used them so hearing this kind of stuff leaves me cold. :(

In defense of UK retailers i do not know where MB get there Hot Toys stock from i know where they get other figures from. I buy all my Hot Toys from the official UK Sideshow distributor we have to wait longer and pay more.

I do not grey import from China or the USA like a lot of the bigger Hot Toys dealers. I have sold these since Sideshow UK first offered them. This was back when they retailed for about £69.95 the advent of grey importing is one of the reasons Modelzone went out of business. I would love to go over to China and pick these up at retail its still fn cheaper than the UK wholesale price.

I don't want to bad mouth another dealer as it would just seem petty but,
I know that some of the Hot Toys figures that MBs customers are waiting on have been in stock with the official UK Sideshow Distributor now for some time.

Last edited:
How can a pre-order be out of stock on mother basement, that doesn't make any sense when the distributor hasn't sold out dohhhhhhhh?

Still waiting on a premium format I ordered in Jun or Jul, MB took full payment in Sep as it was "due in"........still waiting, also always get the same response of a small stock delay which turns into a month long delay. If I get it before Xmas I will be shocked. :impatient:

Hot Toys Iron Man 3 Tony Stark is now available from the official Sideshow UK distributor.

If any one has this on preorder they should have there stock this week i had mine yesterday.

Still waiting on my Selina Kyle from MB. Not that I'm desperate for it, I got the EX when it was first released. But it's the principle of it, you can't take money from people and keep delying the order. I'm never ordering from them again. And their customer service is poor too.

It's odd because I've had nothing but great service from them.

I've used their lowest price guarantee a few times and had no problems.

As far as stock is concerned, I imagine they get advised that they will be receiving the stock and then request payments so that they can send them straight out, if there are delays on the other end, they can't really anticipate that or help it.

Updates would be nice and from that perspective I can't say anything because I haven't been in that situation, unless we count Black Widow, in which case I would say they updated me as much as they needed to on it's delay.

I expect delays any way in this hobby.

I don't work for them by the way! :rotfl

I realy do not understand this as i was told by Mothers Basement that they buy from the official UK distributor. The official UK distributor have had Catwoman in stock for ages even Diamond have Catwoman in stock.

Modelzone going under set off major alarm bells for me as they used to be a solid retailer so I was shocked to see them close up.

Now I don't do pre-orders with UK retailers, unless it's 2 - 3 weeks before the UK release dates. I've seen too many people not only lose their pre-order reservations when their retailer calls it a day, but in some cases even their deposits.

Theres always two sides to a story so it would be good if someone from MB could post here and give their side.... (what, it could happen)

They have just issued an update with regards to their pre-orders. They are offering a points scheme - like store credit I think - to soften the blow for those waiting for their figures. They must have had a lot of feedback from customers if they have needed to do something like this I think.

Still a lot of negative comments on their Facebook page.

They have just issued an update with regards to their pre-orders. They are offering a points scheme - like store credit I think - to soften the blow for those waiting for their figures. They must have had a lot of feedback from customers if they have needed to do something like this I think.

Still a lot of negative comments on their Facebook page.

I hope you don't mind me asking Jokes, but did they refund your money in the end?

I cancelled a long-delayed order on the 15th of November and, despite assurances the full refund would be with me in ten working days, I have yet to receive any refund.
I've made other orders that were fine and have the Hall Of Armour and Evil Superman still outstanding with them.
But I wish they would get their sh t together and just refund me.

Happy I found this thread, was about to put a order in but think I will stick with Collectibles Direct even though it's slightly more expensive, My Dx12 I got from them was packaged up really well.

I cancelled a long-delayed order on the 15th of November and, despite assurances the full refund would be with me in ten working days, I have yet to receive any refund.
I've made other orders that were fine and have the Hall Of Armour and Evil Superman still outstanding with them.
But I wish they would get their sh t together and just refund me.

That's not good, they should refund you immediately, they've no right to keep hold of your money under any circumstances. If you paid by credit card I would contact your provider and open a fraud case.

That's not good, they should refund you immediately, they've no right to keep hold of your money under any circumstances. If you paid by credit card I would contact your provider and open a fraud case.

I don't actually own a credit card...
Paid with Paypal using my Visa Debit card in july.
I know totally what you're saying.
I emailed them this morning asking what was up with the refund. I have to at least give them the time to reply.
I know that Paypal refunds can take a while to process.

I'd be really worried, this sounds like a company short of funds. They are not getting stock that everyone else has had for ages. They are taking money on the basis that the item will be ready to ship and then it isn't. I mean that aint rocket science, if you're taking deposits just wait until you have the stock in your possession and then take the rest of the money before shipping. Especially if you already know there are problems with your supplier, assuming this is the truth. And taking a look on their website I see their newest pre-order is the Chitauri twin pack up for pre order at £474.99!!! Seems to be selling elsewhere for £305/£320.

I've used them once for something in stock and wouldn't be in a rush to go back there. I mean I ordered it and it arrived but aside from that I had no email to acknowledge the order or to tell me about delivery or tracking. And the item was shipped directly in the shipper, the only company I've used who have not at the very least shipped it in outer packaging or paper to hide the contents.

The first time I heard from them was days later when they wanted my feedback.

I don't actually own a credit card...
Paid with Paypal using my Visa Debit card in july.
I know totally what you're saying.
I emailed them this morning asking what was up with the refund. I have to at least give them the time to reply.
I know that Paypal refunds can take a while to process.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope they sort it out for you soon. Personally I've just e-mailed them to request that they refund me the money that they should not have invoiced for the 1/4 scale Batman. Fortunately I paid via credit card and have not had the bill as yet. So if they get funny I'll open a fraud case, but hopefully it won't come to that.

Back