Is it okay to leave sculpt overnight in non acetone finger nail polish remover?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unclechopchop

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am currently dipping a Medicom sculpt in non accetone finger nail polsh remover, and I was wondering if anybody here can give me insight on have you or have you not done so to remove all the paint?
Somebody out there pease help me out because I want to repaint ths sculpt but do not want to jack it up.

No, it will be goo by morning. I use acetone and a cottonball working in stages.

Of course, if its a medicom sculpt you probably could get by without removing any paint at all. Medi doesn't lay it on as thick as say older SSC pieces. Just give it a good scrub with dishsoap and you're gold.

Worst thing you can do buddy , this is what you do to shrink a head and you only leave it in for 1 hour.
Over night it will stay like putty forever.
Also you don't really need to strip the Medicom heads anyway.

Thanks for the advice guys. I only left it in there for like 20 mins. I immediately saw the post melting. But fortunately the sculpt is alright (to a point). It seems a little often, but then again that might be my mind playing tricks on me. If I remember right, Medicom sculpts usually are softer.

Back