Beware fellow Freaks, do not deal with Craig77

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys I would like to make you aware of Craig77 as he has attempted to not only scam myself but 2 other members here who will hopefully post their story.

On October 20th, Craig77 and myself struck a deal on an item he was selling here on the forums. Payment was sent and he seemed quite disappointed that I wasn't silly enough to send it via PayPal "gift", that was the first red flag.

He then continued to make excuse after excuse as to why he hadn't shipped and it became apparent that he was trying to delay for 30 days so I couldn't start a PayPal dispute, I told him that was what I was going to do and he has since stopped communication but is still active here daily.

I remember this guy selling a few expensive items lately but he deletes the threads which seems to be his MO.

PayPal are now refunding my money but I felt this needed to be posted as this guy has 16 prior positive feed backs and I feel other members may be lured into a false sense of security by this and I wanted to get a warning out. It's a shame when another member turns like this and attempts to prey on the very community he has been apart of.

Last edited:
Yep, glad we were all able to keep in touch with each other and work through it together!

On November 4th he listed a PF Darth Talon EX for 850.00 shipped. I PMd him and sent payment the next day. He told me he couldnt ship till the weekend and he would let me know and send tracking info. After repeated attempts and multiple excuses as to why he couldnt send tracking i told him i was going to file a dispute. It wasnt until i heard through PM that another member here on the boards also paid and was awaiting shipment of the exact same item from the same sale. Realizing i had my money stolen from me i filed a claim. So i too am waiting my time here to finish the claim with paypal and get my money back as well.

I am the other member who cartman5579 is talking about. Luckly I saw that he mentioned recently purchasing a darth talon pf and when I asked about it we concluded that it was the same piece from the same seller. Same circumstances... No replies but daily activity here, etc. paypal claimed filed with no response from the seller.

Phew, glad that all three of you were smart enough not to send payment as gift and will be getting your money back. Really sick of members here asking for gift or 'buyer pays fees'. Hopefully this example gets more people to wise up.

Thanks for posting the name of the bad seller, too. Too many times I open a thread like this and people are complaining about a bad seller, but won't identify them and save other members from the same grief they've just experienced.

Never send payment as gift.
If someone trys to delay always make sure you open that dispute in time.

PayPal offers great protection. Always make sure you are covered.

Never send payment as gift.
If someone trys to delay always make sure you open that dispute in time.

PayPal offers great protection. Always make sure you are covered.

Luckily we were all savvy enough to not get suckered in but I wonder if this ****** has managed to sucker others in.

Like I said, I'm positive I've seen him start other for sale threads with big ticket items only for them to be deleted after a day or so. Does this mean he ended up finding a buyer and if so, did the buyer get scammed?

I wonder....

Just checked and the guy is on 16, 100% feedback!

As well as starting a thread use the feedback system, that's what it's there for.

I would love to but as I posted this guy deletes the threads and you require a Deal thread URL to post feedback. That is why I started this thread.

I have pm'd Darklord Dave to inform of what this guy is doing, hopefully Dave will just ban him.

Last edited:
Ah, I see.
I think the mods, and Dave, still have a record of deleted threads.
You all need to contact Dave and if he doesn't ban him there should be some way of linking your negative feedback to his deleted tthreads.

Edit: The guy has loads of active FS threads, I would just link to one of them...
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/search.php?searchid=12854669

Chances are he will drop you a negative now, just make the mods aware.
At least people will be aware now and PayPal aren't going to keep paying out on his behalf.

This jerk tried to scam me long time ago, and in fact I did alert Dave at the time.
I bought a Tusken EX from him. When asked if the item was shipped, he said yes, but said he will look for the receipt with the Tracking info. After delaying it for about 3 weeks, and me asking again, he informed me that the package was returned to him because he did not fill out custom forms, which is a bunch of BS because the PO would not accept it from him to begin with if he did not have the forms.
He said he will re-ship it again the next day.
After 2 more weeks, I filed a paypal claim, to which he responded with a total amazement. So I asked him, if he'd rather take this to the boards, and ask member what do they think, should I have waited more or not.
Got a refund from paypal, and a note from his, asking to let him know if the figure ever arrives. Yeah, right.

Well..After some time, saw another sale thread from him, selling the tusken ex again. So I asked in the thread, if that's the Tusken that got lost in the mail, miraculously materializing. My post was deleted by a Mod. However, another member saw it before deletion, and contacted me, telling me that he has the same thing going on ATM with this Craig77, with Craig telling him that a package was returned to him because he didn't do custom forms :))))) However, after filing a paypal dispute, the package was shipped, and he did receive it.
Of course, the original sales thread for my Tusken Raider was deleted after payment.

Beware - I suggest not to deal with this Tool.

Sounds like the ban hammer needs to be raised.

Can't believe this guy had 100% rating earlier today.
The feedback system is there for a reason.

Ah, I see.
I think the mods, and Dave, still have a record of deleted threads.
You all need to contact Dave and if he doesn't ban him there should be some way of linking your negative feedback to his deleted tthreads.

Edit: The guy has loads of active FS threads, I would just link to one of them...
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/search.php?searchid=12854669

That thread has since been deleted. I'm sure if the others haven't they will be soon. If you have any of the PM saved in your inbox discusing the deal, you should be able to link that url when leaving feedback. Thanks for the heads up guys. I'm glad to here none of you lost money.

He also ****ED ME!!!! I bought a Mark VII from him back in August. It never came. He told me to wait it out. My PayPal claim time expired and he never refunded my 290 bucks.

He seemed like a good guy at first, but that 290 bucks is LONG gone and there's nothing PayPal can do about it.

He also ****ED ME!!!! I bought a Mark VII from him back in August. It never came. He told me to wait it out. My PayPal claim time expired and he never refunded my 290 bucks.

He seemed like a good guy at first, but that 290 bucks is LONG gone and there's nothing PayPal can do about it.

I'm sorry, man. I had something similar happen on eBay. Good feedback, but the item never arrived. He told me to just be patient while he looked into stuff. I didn't know about the 45 day cutoff and he was gone. Luckily, it was only 50 bucks, but still.

Did you ever get a Mark 7?

Back