Indiana Jones Photo novel competition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemble

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi All,

There is a comp happening over at the indycast. Please read below info and if any questions send myself or Ed an email.

CONTEST - Win your own Deluxe Custom 3 3/4 Indy figure with thanks to Indycast Ron Hembling aka Hemblecreations

Entrants are to create a photo novel story using existing figures and playsets or you can use custom figures and playsets - the choice is yours. The photo novel can use Photoshop work as long as it has action figures and playsets in them.

The story would be INDIANA JONES and the MAYAN SECRET and the story needs to include Mayans - For example it could do some sort of secret treasure, secret Nazi base, a curse, the fountain of youth or yes even flying saucers.

The photo novel must be 4-5 pages long but can be longer if you want and it can be in any year from 1936-1960 that way Indy is still around so the imagination is the only thing holding you back. There will be only one major prize winner and that winner can pick ANY kind of DX 3-3/4" Indy they want. Take a look at our https://www.flickr.com/photos/indycast page to take a look at Ron's DX Custom figure. These are incredibly detailed versions of the figures with display box and the accessories.

The contest will run till 20th Feb 2014. You can register your interest by emailing me at [email protected]

Ron

Last edited:
That's an exciting comp Ron, if I had any spare time I'd would have loved to have had a go, unfortunately I'm flat out at the moment but I can't wait to see what people come up with. Be sure to post the winner here.

That's an exciting comp Ron, if I had any spare time I'd would have loved to have had a go, unfortunately I'm flat out at the moment but I can't wait to see what people come up with. Be sure to post the winner here.

Cheers mate and don't worry if this comp is a success which I'm hoping it wil be there will be more in the future.

Ron

Great idea ron. Although i cannot attend i'd love to see the result.

Best,

Robert

Great idea ron. Although i cannot attend i'd love to see the result.

Best,

Robert

Thanks buddy and it's a shame that you can't enter but as I said to Cavlcade if this comp is a success there will be other comps down the track and once the entries start coming in I'll post them.

Ron

Hi All
I have had people email me and ask me what type of materials you can use for their photo novels and the question to that is anything you want.

I have made a small interior of a Mayan Temple and have done a tutorial for it here https://www.hemblecreations.com/tutorials.htm so you can get an idea of what to make and what goes into a custom dio.

I have also made a small and crude photo novel and I do mean crude ;D as well for a little fun and tha is here https://www.hemblecreations.com/indy photovovel contast.htm. The pics are a little on the large side as I have no idea how to minimaze them without loosing the quality of the writing, I do apologize for this so enjoy and LMK what you think.

Also I have been asked about the size of the dio and I have decided that the dio can be as follows

1 - 7" long x 6" wide x 7" tall for a single one sided dio.
or
2 - 6" long x 7.5" wide x 6" tall for a double sided dio

Ron

VERY COOL!

I urge everyone to check out ALL the terrific stories! I know I enjoyed the hell out of 'em!!!!

Looking forward to the podcast! I hope Ed and the team have time to talk about each of the stories in detail.

It's an honor just to be nominated!

:)

I agree with Lance. It was an honor just to participate. I look forward to the next photostory opportunity!

Congratulations!! I really loved your entry and can't wait to see more.

Mine was this one: https://www.flickr.com/photos/103062005@N05/sets/72157644040308602/

Thanks very much.

Although I do confess to being a little disappointed they didn't talk about the contest in detail on the podcast. Given that there were only four entries, I was hoping they would at least list the names of everyone and talk a little bit about the individual stories. Particularly since we were all working off the "Mayan Secret" concept, it's fascinating to see how everyone interpreted that concept differently.

I really dug your story! I loved that you used larger scale figures, I loved all the sets and photography, I loved the use of the Clooney and Laurence Fishburne figures as the government guys. I loved that it had Schmidt and was about the Tesseracht, I loved the dream sequence, I loved the use of the Dresden Codex (which also features into my story, though not until the next chapter.)

Really terrific work all around!!

Thank you so much! I can't wait to see how you used the codex in your next chapter! You did a wonderful job with all of the details in all of your scenes!

Back