1/6 Guide (& Review) to handle HT's Amazing Spiderman body/shoulders

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandito

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm starting this new thread.... since people have started threads for far less...as a reference for handling your new Spidey fig.

Guide (& Review) to handle HT's 1/6 Amazing Spiderman body/shoulders.

Re: the Big Hoo Ha... MMS179... I'm writing this after 10 minutes of handling/evaluating Spidey's body

Pointers:
1. Though the body is based mostly on a slim TT, there are major differences especially regarding the upper torso, shoulder/clavicle and base of neck region.
This difference is what leads to the shoulder breaking incidences.

2. Unlike the slim TT in which the upper torso is made of hard ABS plastic, the exterior "skin" of the Spidey's upper torso is composed of Soft PVC. It gives the man boobies (pectorals) definition but it only covers the bottom 1/4 of the pectoral, the shoulder mechanism is exposed (not enclosed) in the upper torso. Directly under the suit is the shoulder joint. The ABS torso of the slim TT enclose the joint, it thus limits the joint assemble to not go beyond the enclosure of the torso. On Spidey there's no such limitation there's just the fabric of the suit wrapping around the joint assembly.

Pic: I overlay the location of the soft PVC exterior upper torso (in green) giving the body definition, it of course has internal ABS skeleton where the neck, shoulder, lower torso (and rubbery exterior) attaches to.....
post-5392-1383918732.jpg

3. The redesigned upper torso actually gives Spidey a broader shoulder than the slim TT.

Pic: Shoulders at the highest position for both figures
post-5392-1383919240.jpg

4. I suspect the same shoulder assembly of the slim TT is being used...It has approx. max 80 degrees of raising the arm (Pic below).
It's not especially unique to TT bodies. HT actually emphasis on the wrong warning, twisting the shoulder joint on the rolling-pin is far more dangerous.

post-5392-1383918876.jpg

Handling Spidey to prevent breakage:

Because the joint assembling is exposed just beneath the suit, you'll have to use your thumb and forefinger to hold the shoulder joint assembly (2 halves pressing against the rolling-pin) from moving and twist the rolling-pin joint with your other hand.

Pic: My one pose to show it's possible to touch the head... (hands behind the head pose... not quite in the movie)
post-5392-1383918899.jpg

Last edited:
Because the joint assembling is exposed just beneath the suit, you'll have to use your thumb and forefinger to hold the shoulder joint assembly (2 halves pressing against the rolling-pin) from moving and twist the rolling-pin joint with your other hand.

This is what I get confused with. What part is that exactly??

Thanks for the info!

This is what I get confused with. What part is that exactly??

Thanks for the info!

Just press and hold onto the front and back of the parts of the chest before the shoulder as you rotate the arms.

Or press and hold onto the shoulder blade and top of the pectoral (below the clavicle)...the joint assemble is directly under the suit.

Last edited:
this is perfect, I am ordering this now

thanks Bandito!

Great tips. But either way, HT should have been more clear on the warnings. "Do not raise above 80 degrees" hardly constitutes a warning, especially when collectors aren't expecting the body to be so different.

I think I'm getting the idea, but maybe it might be a better instruction if you post a picture specifically where to grasp...have pointers (arrows) or something to point out where to hold.

I think I'm getting the idea, but maybe it might be a better instruction if you post a picture specifically where to grasp...have pointers (arrows) or something to point out where to hold.
You can feel the inner shoulder mechanism through the suit.....

Hold the inner shoulder mechanism in place (doted green circles) and rotate at the yellow bar (rolling-pin):
post-5392-1383935274.jpg

Last edited:
theclipperking shows where to hold it in his video when hes showing that even though it was broke he could still pose him by bracing it that way

Great tips. But either way, HT should have been more clear on the warnings. "Do not raise above 80 degrees" hardly constitutes a warning, especially when collectors aren't expecting the body to be so different.

A warning is exactly what it is. Why else say not to do something? 7 years of bad luck?

This thread is awesome. Thanks for taking the time to do this Bandito!

One of HT great issues isn't necessarily QC but their warnings and directions. They are often vague or flat out wrong. Can't wait to get this guy next week!

This thread is awesome. Thanks for taking the time to do this Bandito!

One of HT great issues isn't necessarily QC but their warnings and directions. They are often vague or flat out wrong. Can't wait to get this guy next week!
Agreed, this could have been avoided if ht put some instructions in(similar to this thread)

Bandito has done such a great job, hot toys should use his images!!!

Awesome guide!

Actually, that's what I've been doing with mine from the start!

...and that's also why I suggested that accessing and loosening the screws from the back of the shoulder blade might completely solve the problem! :)

That was exactly how I tried to rotate the Right arm of my spiderman before the shoulder snapped.

I did hold down the mechanism with my thumb & fore finger while trying to rotate the arm forward (as I've seen how Clipper rotates his), mine still break without the shoulder moving a millimetre.

Maybe my piece is just the worst of all spiderman figures they released thus far. But I'm trying my hardest to contact Hot Toys, but without success. I'd like them to try and rotate the Left arm forward and see how they go.

Back