Marvel and Netflix Team on Four Series Leading Up to The Defenders!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bigger news may be that Daredevil is getting his own show. This sounds like a fantastic plan to get these great "street" level characters involved in this universe. I'm a big Defenders fan, and it doesn't sound like they're really going for any traditional comic kind of Defenders team up here, but I didn't think they would seriously put the Defenders together at all.

Led by a series focused on "Daredevil," followed by "Jessica Jones," "Iron Fist" and "Luke Cage," the epic will unfold over multiple years of original programming, taking Netflix members deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell's Kitchen, New York. Netflix has committed to a minimum of four, thirteen episodes series and a culminating Marvel's "The Defenders" mini-series event that reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.

Produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Television Studios, this groundbreaking deal is Marvel's most ambitious foray yet into live-action TV storytelling.

:yess::yess::yess:

Could not have made up a better announcement.

IRON FIST!!!! :panic: :panic: :panic:

742.gif

It's great that they worked out a way to do this. These characters don't necessarily merit a theatrical releases which is why these franchises often get caught up in development hell. This way Marvel should be able to stay close to the source material and costumes while "Avengerizing" them. I just hope Iron Fist's and Daredevil's looks don't stray too far. Sadly, no metal tiara and yellow bell sleeve shirt for Luke Cage.

That sounds pretty awesome. Hopefully, since it's on Netflix, they can have some more mature content and subject matter. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is good, but it's a bit, well, fluffy, for lack of a better word. It's got potential, but, currently, it feels like its only connections to S.H.I.E.L.D are in name and Coulson; there's nothing inherently "Marvel" about it.

That sounds pretty awesome. Hopefully, since it's on Netflix, they can have some more mature content and subject matter. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is good, but it's a bit, well, fluffy, for lack of a better word. It's got potential, but, currently, it feels like its only connections to S.H.I.E.L.D are in name and Coulson; there's nothing inherently "Marvel" about it.

:goodpost::exactly:
Despite the fanbois that post about dryhumping their TV screens when AoS comes on, most people recognize it as a missed opportunity. Hopefully all future shows will perform like Marvel Universe properties, not like they wanna redo Fringe/X-Files.

Because it'd be a phenomenal box office success. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

I think it could be, but I'm very intrigued by how they'll handle it on TV. Considering the names they've already mentioned, I'd love to see this be a springboard for some of their lesser known characters that have followings... specifically I'd love to see Moon Knight, Cloak and Dagger, hell its still a Disney product, throw in a Power Pack appearance. :lol

Does Netflix do any traditional advertising for their shows? Remember the full page ads they used to run in Marvel comics where it would have Iron Fist talking to the reader in 4th person or whatever they call it (what Deadpool does all the time) and he'd have his hand up and act like he was whispering so that Luke wouldn't hear? I think something like a play on that would make for some cool *** viral vids.

I think it could be, but I'm very intrigued by how they'll handle it on TV. Considering the names they've already mentioned, I'd love to see this be a springboard for some of their lesser known characters that have followings... specifically I'd love to see Moon Knight, Cloak and Dagger, hell its still a Disney product, throw in a Power Pack appearance. :lol

Maybe a Heroes for Hire flick if Dwayne Johnson was attached in the lead role as Power Man/Luke Cage. Not as a stand alone. Especially not anything really faithful look-wise. :lol

But honestly, I think Moon Knight would have a better big screen presence than Iron Fist.

Back