SPOILERS & RUMORS for The Walking Dead TV Series *Enter at your own risk*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

averagejo

Super Freak
Reaction score
This thread is for fans of The Walking Dead TV series and or comics who enjoy SPOILERS and rumors about the show.

Spoiler tags are not required in this thread so...

READ at your own risk!

Last edited:
Re: The Walking Dead TV Series SPOILER & RUMOR Thread

Gov pic...

The-Governor-Season-4.jpg

RUMOR from the summer: It’s been stated that a tank has been reported on set at the prison, aka Raleigh studios in Georgia. It’s also being reported that locals heard a “loud BOOM” sometime between afternoon and early evening on Thursday. While this may not come as significant news to most television viewers,

comic book readers may remember a major storyline involving The Governor and…well, a tank. In The Walking Dead comic book series, The Governor arrives at the prison with a tank and wreaks absolute havoc on the remaining survivors.

theprison-vs-tank-the-walking-dead.jpeg

governor-tank-walking-dead-comics.jpg

What happened to the Gov's arm in the comic?

Regarding the Gov's return...*(From Wet Paint)
The Powers That Be are keeping it a big secret, so we’re left to speculate. TVLine said The Gov would have "a major presence" in at least two Season 4 episodes, unofficially billed as “standalone Governor” eps, which were rumored to fall in the first half of the season. TV Guide later added, “The Governor's whereabouts will be revealed in two flashback episodes later this season.”Guessing the two standalone eps will be Episode 6 and Episode 7. It’s just speculation at this point, but SpoilerTV said Ep 6 will be called "Rise" and that could be a possible reference to one of Robert Kirkman’s The Walking Dead novels, Rise of The Governor.
****Episode 6 is called "Live Bate" according to the episode guide, not "Rise"****
Back in June, SpoilerTV issued a casting notice for three Episode 6 characters —- two women and an older man. It’s possible that’s the Chalmers family — Tara, April, and David — who are featured in Rise of the Governor. Earlier this season, Alanna Masterson was cast in a mystery role, with speculation that she’d be playing Tara Chalmers.Back in July, SpoilerTV also said Episode 7 would be titled "Dead Weight" and two brothers around age 30 were being cast.Theory: The standalones are eps 6 and 7, telling The Governor’s backstory in flashbacks, building up to the big mid-season finale, Episode 8, with The Governor’s big attack on the prison. If that’s even close to true, would we get a glimpse of The Gov in Episode 5, maybe showing a real-time connection to the prison?

And, about the aftermath of Carol's actions, Kirkman said:
Executive producer Robert Kirkman wrote the comic books (where Carol exists, but not this sickness plot) and Episode 3, “Isolation,” and he talked to The Hollywood Reporter about the aftermath of Carol’s murderous actions.“There's definitely going to be huge repercussions coming from that,” Robert said. “I don't think Rick anticipated this danger that was inside the prison to be revealed to be someone they were so close with. It was always, 'Hey, we've brought in a lot of people; who knows who it could be.' But this is someone who's been one of them for a very long time, so the outcome of this is going to be something that none of them have been expecting and none of them could have prepared for. This is going to go in a pretty interesting direction.”

Damn, Gov looks to be going with the unabomber look. :lol

Gov pic...

The-Governor-Season-4.jpg

RUMOR from the summer: It’s been stated that a tank has been reported on set at the prison, aka Raleigh studios in Georgia. It’s also being reported that locals heard a “loud BOOM” sometime between afternoon and early evening on Thursday. While this may not come as significant news to most television viewers,

comic book readers may remember a major storyline involving The Governor and…well, a tank. In The Walking Dead comic book series, The Governor arrives at the prison with a tank and wreaks absolute havoc on the remaining survivors.

theprison-vs-tank-the-walking-dead.jpeg

governor-tank-walking-dead-comics.jpg

What happened to the Gov's arm in the comic?

really don't like the guy who plays the governor

frustrated+sigh.gif

comic book way better than the tv show

Nothing prepares you for what she does to him :lol

Oh, I meant I'm prepared for The Governor to ruin all the goodness this season already had. I hate that character and thought he became nothing more then a one dimensional mustache twirler buffoon.

I hope all the characters get a crack at shoving a sword up his ***.

I think the Governor is a great, charismatic villain.

I find it hard to believe that there are folks that didn't like him losing his **** and mowing down his own people at the end of season 3.

He did literally nothing after that.
The actor did his job well, but his writing is beyond ****ty.

It was the end of the season though. He just drove off with his cronies.

What else was he supposed to do? Go back alone and get gunned down? Just wait until his return Celtic, I bet it's glorious.

Oh. I misread. No, I hated him then. I stopped liking him after he killed Random Carol Love Interest Number 2.

I had some of the same problems with the Governor as Celtic (moustache twirling cliché villain being the biggest) but still like the actor and feel he is charismatic. You can see him leading the town and whatnot and it seems plausible.

Issue I had with him gunning down his followers is it seemed like a cheap way for the writers to maintain a dichotomy between Rick's group as 'the good guys' and the Governor as the baddie. The fact that Rick and his posse lured them into the death trap that the prison should've been, only to let them escape was idiotic. 90% of the invading group should've been wiped-out in the prison, with the guv and a few others sacrificing whomever they needed to get out, then escape and lay low to lick their wounds and plot revenge. That to me would've been more interesting as killing the invaders would've been a moral burden to Rick's group but something that could be justified given the circumstances. Instead, Rick's group stays status quo as good guys and the guv is reduced to a maniac.

That said, liking the new grizzled look of the governor and really looking forward to his return with a tank to trash the prison. It's a great way to re-introduce the guv and force Rick's group to a new location. We can only stay interested in them hanging-out in one place for so long. Also have to say this season has started out pretty strong, so hoping they maintain that. Going to break down and grab some of TWD comic compendiums maybe this week.

Get used to it. AMC is cheapass and will not fork over the money for quality.

It won't be destroyed. At least not all of it. Gotta keep saving that dough!

I read this on spoilertv...thought you guys might be interested.
Expect to be scared : Daryl, Michonne and their friends are lost in the country, with no car, no supplies but guns and knives. Of course, they are badass killers so many walkers are going down but, some of them are quite scary and still dangerous. There is real danger for everyone out there. I jumped my seat twice at least watching it.* Also, Rick and Carol decide to take a trip to the city so they could grab food (they lost some in the block D) and some medicines (so Carol doesn’t have to kill everybody who is sick). Sure, they won’t be alone and peaceful much longer in this small town. Walkers are everywhere !*• Expect to laugh a little : I’m not saying much but watch out for the stairs !• Expect to cry a little : One the scene is really peaceful and moving. It really shows the bond between those two characters and it’s quite touching. Specially when you think about that someone’s past and what happened to her. There is still hope in the apocalyptic world.• Expect to be annoyed : One character turns out to have a Shan-y attitude. Remember Shane and how annoying he was in season 2, well, I think one of them is developing the same thing. He is reckless, stubborn, obsessed and angry all the time…. I’m not liking this, It feels like they done it before so we get it. Luckily, one of the characters makes a great speech to him, I’m sure it will help him change… Or he just gonna have to die like Shane did.• Expect to be sad : One character dies and is eaten by walkers. It’s always disgusting and sad. Bye bye you• Expect to be shocked : One character doesn’t make it back to the prison. It’s sad and heart breaking. I did not see it coming, it was a real shocker. and clearly I’m still not happy about it.

SOMEBODY doesn't make it back to the prison... If its from Daryl's group, It's guessing Bob.
If its Rick and Carol...I bet its Carol.

SOMEBODY gets eaten by walkers...Maybe the doc? :huh

Back