Hi from the UK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racetrack

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi my name is Matt and i'm 31 and from London but also spend a lot of time in the US. I'm relatively new to the boards and high end figure collecting. I had always appreciated Sideshows statues but the prices had always put me off. Then the J. Scott Campbell collection was announced and i knew i had to buy those as he's been one of my favorite artists since his Gen 13 days.

Unfortunately it didn't end there. At SDCC Hasbro released the Boba Fett 6" as an exclusive. I was looking at reviews and bought it for a ridiculous price but then i made a mistake of clicking on another review for the Sideshow Boba Fett and i was amazed at the detail and quality of the Sixth Scale line. I bought both the Medicom and Sideshow Boba Fett's and that only led to discovering more and more amazing figures i had to PO and now i'm just addicted.

Outside of high end collectables i also collect mint on card toys. Star Wars, Marvel and Transformers Masterpiece. But my main lifelong passion has always been comics. High grade comics from the Silver Age right through to the Modern Age. The best books in my collection are very high grade CGC copies of Hulk 181, Amazing Spider-Man Annual 1, Amazing Spider-Man 16, 19, 50 and X-Men 12, Batman 227 (my favorite cover of all time) and 232, Silver Surfer 4 to name just a few.

I look forward to getting to know more of you while i build my Sideshow collection.

Sideshow has a way of hooking you in and when they do it's game over! :lol

Sideshow has destroyed many happy relationships between collectors and their wallets. My wallet recently filed for divorce. :monkey2

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: Show, Matt! :duff
icon_snoopy.gif
wavesmile.gif

Thanks for the welcome!

Everyday i see more and more figures i want. I see this being a lifelong struggle now!

I'm trying to think where I might know this user name and picture from....????

Welcome! Seems like you are off to a good start on those marvel figures. I say get the SM3 Red and Blue and the Black suits. Im tellin ya once you have one,youll want the other! Your 1/6 Marvel collection needs em!

Welcome! Seems like you are off to a good start on those marvel figures. I say get the SM3 Red and Blue and the Black suits. Im tellin ya once you have one,youll want the other! Your 1/6 Marvel collection needs em!

Thanks! It's hard to not take your suggestions on board :hi5:

At the moment i have my eye on Avengers Cap, The Wolverine and Black Spidey. I would have preferred Red + Blue Spidey but the QC issues on the ankles have me a bit worried.

Thanks! It's hard to not take your suggestions on board :hi5:

At the moment i have my eye on Avengers Cap, The Wolverine and Black Spidey. I would have preferred Red + Blue Spidey but the QC issues on the ankles have me a bit worried.

Sweeeeet. I think Black Spidey is my second favorite Marvel figure besides Blade. As far as the QC in the RnB Spidey he is a solid figure. People have reported breaking him but its not a huge widespread thing. The red plastic is more brittle than say nude or black but it still holds up. Ive had him 2 years and had no problems myself as well as alot of peeps on here. I just use Black Spidey more for the crazier poses involving his ankles. Whatever you do dont let that scare you away from buying him! I promise you as a comicbook fan myself,the RnB is a must have as well as the black:) Speaking of which have you seen the Blade or Ghost Rider figures? Killer!

Sweeeeet. I think Black Spidey is my second favorite Marvel figure besides Blade. As far as the QC in the RnB Spidey he is a solid figure. People have reported breaking him but its not a huge widespread thing. The red plastic is more brittle than say nude or black but it still holds up. Ive had him 2 years and had no problems myself as well as alot of peeps on here. I just use Black Spidey more for the crazier poses involving his ankles. Whatever you do dont let that scare you away from buying him! I promise you as a comicbook fan myself,the RnB is a must have as well as the black:) Speaking of which have you seen the Blade or Ghost Rider figures? Killer!

Just saw Blade, that's one impressive figure! :panic:

I'm not really a fan of the character or movie so it's a pass for me but i can't believe they can make something like that. Ghost Rider is nice, it's pretty close to the comic version but i can't bring myself to own something from those terrible movies. Besides there are just so many figures i want now after YOU opened the door to the Marvel line for me. I had wanted to wait for comic figures but that's not going to happen now! :wave

Just saw Blade, that's one impressive figure! :panic:

I'm not really a fan of the character or movie so it's a pass for me but i can't believe they can make something like that. Ghost Rider is nice, it's pretty close to the comic version but i can't bring myself to own something from those terrible movies. Besides there are just so many figures i want now after YOU opened the door to the Marvel line for me. I had wanted to wait for comic figures but that's not going to happen now! :wave

Haha yeah I was really hoping for actual 1/6 comic incarnations of my fav marvel characters but Hot Toys' offerings just pulled me in,been hooked ever since lol. If you havent checked out the customs section have a look. There are a few customisers that make the more iconic comicbook styled suits and extras and sell them,really neat stuff. And sorry if I caused your wallet any pain:monkey3:)

Back