1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToastedFred

Super Freak
Reaction score
Click the pic! Buy now!

Thor - Asgardian Light Armor Version Sixth Scale Figure by Hot Toys

Thor Sixth Scale Figure by Hot Toys

The next highly anticipated Marvel Studios film this year – Thor: The Dark World is soon hitting the theatres. Following the events of The Avengers, Thor returns to the big screen and sets upon a journey to confront a new enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand.

To celebrate the launch of this epic sequel of Thor, Hot Toys is proud to present the new 1/6th scale Thor (Light Asgardian Armor Version) Collectible Figure which will be available for selected markets only. This movie-accurate collectible is specially crafted based on the image of Chris Hemsworth as Thor in the movie, featuring the newly developed head sculpt and muscular body, highly detailed costume, weapon, and specially designed diorama base.

The 1/6th scale Thor (Light Asgardian Armor Version) Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Chris Hemsworth as Thor in Thor: The Dark World
- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles, skin texture and beard
- Blonde hair sculpture
- Newly developed muscular body with over 30 points of articulations and seamless elbow joints
- Approximately 32 cm tall
- Four (4) pair of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- One (1) pair of open palms
- One (1) pair for holding Mjolnir
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) red-colored cape
- One (1) upper body armor with metal-colored circle plates
- One (1) pair of black and metal-colored colored forearm armor
- One (1) pair of black pants with patterned design on sides
- One (1) pair of black and metal-colored boots

Weapon:
- One (1) authentic metal Mjolnir with patterned holder and leather-like strap at the end

Accessory:
- Rocky ground diorama base with Thor nameplate and the movie logo

Release date: Q2-Q3, 2014

**Product is for selected markets only
**Prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

1395418_10151696955152344_1436058467_n.jpg

1390494_10151696955002344_234841373_n.jpg

994396_10151696954997344_1430571761_n.jpg

1375723_10151696955147344_1175473112_n.jpg

1392944_10151696955157344_1615380117_n.jpg

1380657_10151696954912344_1930574719_n.jpg

1385078_10151696954887344_884404287_n.jpg

998098_10151696954902344_1934525227_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Hot Toys Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Wow those cuts on his arms...

Wow...those accessories on the floor..

I don't know... don't see Hemsworth here.

Might wait for the "regular heavy armor version".

Would be nice if these didn't sell and Hot Toys actually tried for once, but I can only see these selling like hot cakes. The Iron Man, Predator, and Batman fans proved to me that people will buy anything.

Would be nice if these didn't sell and Hot Toys actually tried for once, but I can only see these selling like hot cakes. The Iron Man, Predator, and Batman fans proved to me that people will buy anything.

:goodpost: :exactly:

Re: Hot Toys - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Wow... just wow. Same figure, take off the sleeves and sell it as a different version as a limited edition. Speechless. Totally speechless.

I wonder if this version will be the same, or even more than the regular one (Bigger base VS sleeve and cape, otherwise they are the same head sculpt, and the same amount of stuff included).

I was considering buying the Thor figures or not, and this just made up my mind. This is just plain desperation on milking the collectors.

Interesting to see where this will go.....

First opinion was this is the version to get, then I saw the regular and now I want both :gah:

This should have been a Con EX, w/ a different head... still I dont know which ver. to get

I don't see how having 2 versions is a bad thing for fans. At least you can choose which one you want, instead of end up whining why Hot Toys didn't offer sleeve/sleeveless version

I don't see how having 2 versions is a bad thing for fans. At least you can choose which one you want, instead of end up whining why Hot Toys didn't offer sleeve/sleeveless version

They could have done Ball jointed shoulders like the old Arny/chris redfield bodies and dont both though

Just read that this light armor version is for "select markets only"... :lol

And they didnt use a recycled base sick....

If I had to choose right now Id go this version. I think the arms look great and adds a slight more realism to the figure. The armored arms never quite caught the look/color of the films imo.

Just read that this light armor version is for "select markets only"... :lol

Ugh luckily the only thing i want is the base(if i don't pick up evil superman that is).Im content with the normal armored version.

I would be curious too see the part out prices on the arms and base though :monkey1

Yea right now im liking the armor better. The arms look great but they look way more ripped the hemsworth really is. And tan. This thors from miami.

They just announced that in HK, VIP can order this version, non-VIP there is a 300 piece quota, and now open to registration for lucky draw to buy (just like Midas before). Price is HK$1430, which is about $185 US.

I guess it will be totally like Midas or BD MK7 that this one will be the version that the secondary price will shoot off the roof....

Back