Superman 75th Anniversary Animated Short

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty cool, but surprised they showed electric Supermen, but skipped showing Supergirl, the Legion of Super Heroes, his races with the Flash, or the Justice League. Nice to see the Legion of Super Pets, though!

Awesome stuff - loved it!!! :clap :clap :clap :rock

I didn't see Routh in there though.. :(

Yeah, I didn't see him either, now that you mention it....

No one read the article? :monkey1

After that bit of Superman triage in the conference, the hardest hit were the live-action versions.

“I would have loved to have Kirk Alyn in there, the first live-action Superman from the serials, but he didn’t quite make the cut,” Timm says. “And there have been several different Superboy shows, but we were like, ‘Okay, those are Superboy, not Superman, so they don’t make it.’”

Christopher Reeve — in, of course. Brandon Routh and Dean Cain … out.

Apart from trying to figure out which actors to include, the animators had to figure out how to make the subtle differences in these various Supermen stand out within the animation.

Brandon Routh catches a lot of crap, wholly undeserved.

Debate all day about Superman Returns as a story or not enough action, etc... But Routh did EXACTLY what he was supposed to do - channel Christopher Reeve's performance, and he was very good at that.

But Routh did EXACTLY what he was supposed to do - channel Christopher Reeve's performance, and he was very good at that.

As I said back in December...

I personally think Routh did a pretty damn good job (understanding that he was emulating Reeve in some ways), but the movie was mediocre.

I agree wholeheartedly. Routh channeled a great Reeve and deserved better. Spacey was even better at aping Hackman.

The movie itself was bland, though, and don't even get me started on that casting disaster that was Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane.

Brandon Routh catches a lot of crap, wholly undeserved.

Debate all day about Superman Returns as a story or not enough action, etc... But Routh did EXACTLY what he was supposed to do - channel Christopher Reeve's performance, and he was very good at that.

:exactly::lecture:lecture

I feel bad for Routh, SR isn't bad at all, having said that...

That short was amazing, from the different interpretations to the evolution of the music 10/10.

I, too, liked Brandon Routh. It's just a shame that all he got to do was be the Hollywood equivalent of a State Fair Elvis impersonator. That's on Bryan Singer, not Routh, though. At the end of the day, as you guys said, it was Routh's job to play Christopher Reeve's Superman, not Superman, but, at the end of the day, the only person who I could see as Christopher Reeve's Superman is Christopher Reeve, and therein lies what I believe to be the reason for Routh's bad rap.

I, too, liked Brandon Routh. It's just a shame that all he got to do was be the Hollywood equivalent of a State Fair Elvis impersonator. That's on Bryan Singer, not Routh, though. At the end of the day, as you guys said, it was Routh's job to play Christopher Reeve's Superman, not Superman, but, at the end of the day, the only person who I could see as Christopher Reeve's Superman is Christopher Reeve, and therein lies what I believe to be the reason for Routh's bad rap.

I thought he did a phenomenal job. When he first talks to Lois on the plane I got chills, and when he shows up as Clark, I was wholly convinced. The script is what killed the movie, essentially adding a son and rehashing the story from the first film.

Back