*A Warning Re Rouge Forum Member*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeDee

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Just a quick warning to anyone joining the forum regarding looking to get any repair work done, like I did.

Three and a half months ago I engaged a seemingly reputable member of this forum to make a repair to a damaged polystone statue for me. I was assured it would be no problem, would take about 4 weeks and would be done exactly to how it looked originally.

Three months later and all I have had is being ignored, excuses, being told it's being posted the next day, the next week etc, and still nothing.

It got to the point where I challenged the person, to be told I would be getting it sent back to me "in just a jiffy bag, second class royal mail, uninsured" and that basically enjoy it when I get it sent back to me in bits. Along with a load of other abuse.

I don't think I was being unreasonable letting it go for over 3 months - I was very patient and understanding, until I got the abuse. I doubt I will ever get this part of my statue back and if I do its going to be useless anyway.

I am not sure if the forum moderators would be happy for me to name the person, so unless I am told otherwise then I won't, but still want to leave this warning to say don't fall into the trap I did and make sure you know properly who you are dealing with if you are looking for this kind of repair work, because you may end up with nothing back.

I have full email trails to validate my claims.

Stay vigilant people.

You should send a PM to one of the moderators of the commerce section, so they can review your information and determine if action should be taken.

Thanks for the suggestion - I will do that

Well this has prompted the return of my piece of statue.

Judge the shoddy paint job for yourself. Totally disgusted.

Before with the damage which it was sent to fix:
74a4d56f-d495-43d7-864b-2d5a459ce870_zps2a1a3a2f.jpg

After, with a totally different paint job (which was promised to be exactly like it was before):
IMG_2492_zps86dca5b4.jpg

Utterly Shocking

Wow, that's a pretty bad job on what should've been an easy fix. I hope you didn't pay for it.

I paid upfront £60.

Also been refused a refund. Going to take them to court.

I think the sheer fact the person hasn't posted to defend themselves shows they know they have messed up. I'm still willing to stop short of naming them and don't want it to turn into a public argument. I just hope they have been duely informed about their conduct not being acceptable here.

I feel for you man. I have a nick in my Brock Samson I would love to have fixed, but haven't for this very reason. :monkey2

I think one of the purposes of this forum is to warn other members about people regarding commerce. You should at least tell us here who it is so others don't go through what you did. After all, there is an entire thread in the for sale section devoted to IDing scammers and the whole point of the feedback system here that was implemented recently was to ID bad sellers.

I think one of the purposes of this forum is to warn other members about people regarding commerce. You should at least tell us here who it is so others don't go through what you did. After all, there is an entire thread in the for sale section devoted to IDing scammers and the whole point of the feedback system here that was implemented recently was to ID bad sellers.

:lecture:exactly:

I paid upfront £60.

Also been refused a refund. Going to take them to court.

I think the sheer fact the person hasn't posted to defend themselves shows they know they have messed up. I'm still willing to stop short of naming them and don't want it to turn into a public argument. I just hope they have been duely informed about their conduct not being acceptable here.

Yeah, take him to court and get your money back. That's just awful. Sorry to hear about that man.

I understand and agree. I want to avoid any potential of issues with the courts. I am currently filing the claim - It takes a few weeks, so I will come back with the outcome.....

I was wondering the same thing about the post count, do post counts not count here or something?

Instead of dirty laundry in a forum thread this is what iTrader is for. You should have emails or a message thread URL for the trade.

I didn't know what that what at the time... I found this place by googling "polystone repairs" and found this person in various threads, then sent a PM. I only looked at that persons posts and profile and he seemed reputable.

8 Positive. No negative.
Guess I should have looked into what it all meant first - If I had done that I would have know he shouldn't have been dealing with me as a brand new member anyway. Says a lot!

Although iTrader is a good method to check on someone, there is nothing stopping someone from screwing a buyer out a of a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back