Weta's Calm Before The Storm Update

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
Tim from Weta updated folks at S&F today with how crazy things are about to get.

Hi Everyone

Things are about to get awfully busy around here

October has arrived and we'll be launching over 20 new products before Xmas; prop replicas, collectibles, art prints, jewelry, t-shirts, leather goods and a few surprises.

We have already promised to launch the following new products from the Desolation of Smaug in October :
Daggers of Tauriel
Bow and arrow of Tauriel
Thranduil
Tauriel

The first production run of these 4 items will be in-stock in Oct - Nov, so if you wish to get your order shipped before Xmas, we recommend you order immediately. The second production run will arrive in stock in Dec / Jan, however it is unlikely these will be shipped out in time for Xmas.

The same goes with any of our other in-stock products, if you wish to ensure delivery before Xmas, we strongly recommend placing your orders by 22 Nov. Last year we shipped out orders on the 12th of Dec and many of them did not arrive until a month later, due to the Xmas postal rush.

Cheers

Tim

Cheers for the update Josh, i get paid soon so i know ill be keeping hold of my money for the Tauriel items.

No problem. :duff Yeah, I'm looking forward to getting Thranduil and Tauriel myself along with possibly some of these surprises.

Some really nice stuff coming out towards Christmas, my list for the girlfriend is getting bigger and bigger lol.

Its going to be a fantastic end to the year collectibles wise and with Desolation of Smaug and then its Azog time soon after :clap

There is some really nice stuff. I may have to give the folks some ideas for anything I don't buy myself.

Heck yeah! :rock

Sounds cool, I wonder what the surprises will be.
New environment would be great, or a helm! (not likely).

Previews of upcoming stuff is always welcomed too.
Saw the new Smaug trailer, looks soooo good. I cannot wait.

An environment would be most welcomed for sure. I do have the White Council Chamber coming and it's amazing but it needs a friend on order with it. :lol

Erebor environment would be most welcome.
New print looks cool, debating on getting it.

Erebor_gate.jpg

There's not as many environments that stand out as good ideas as there was in LOTR... i'm thinking Rhosgobel, Beorns house, Laketown, Dol Guldur and Erebor...

There's not as many environments that stand out as good ideas as there was in LOTR... i'm thinking Rhosgobel, Beorns house, Laketown, Dol Guldur and Erebor...

You're 100% correct there. It is far more limited on places we might get.

You're 100% correct there. It is far more limited on places we might get.

My wallet's hoping so! :lol

Other possibilities could be Dale, Thranduil's Palace, Goblin Town

I think Rhosgobel, Goblin Town, Beorns house, Thranduil's Palace, Laketown, Dol Guldur, Dale and Erebor is a pretty complete list to be honest based on what we know.

Especially considering we've already got Bag End, Rivendell and the Trollshaws (if you count the Stone Trolls).

Thanks for the update. I'll Definitely be getting the Thranduil and Tauriel statues. Curious as to what these other surprises are though...my bank card doesn't like surprises! :panic:

Thranduil and Tauriel are guaranteed orders for me and I do love that they're in-stock. I also hope Radagast will be as well and reading it the way I do it appears this will be the case. :rock

I think I'm getting Tauriel. I passed on Cortana. I didn't like the closed eyes and she goes for crazy prices now. Tauriel looks good from the SDCC pics. Heading to Weta's site now to see if details are up yet...

Back