Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 140 of 618 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 6175
  1. #1391

    Default Re: Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA - May 16, 2014

    Well, so far, it's my favorite possible plot of the film.

    And, yes, the original Gojira is definitely a must for anybody who has not seen it. It's such a well-made, impactful film. The vision that Honda had when he created the first one is still remarkable to me. He achieved so much with a film that, in it's core, is still a guy in a rubber costume thrashing a miniature city.

  2. #1392
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    35,960
    Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by MaulFan View Post
    More info from the same source, again, take with a grain of salt.

    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Interesting. Not exactly original but a good way to cause separation/resent among family.
    We'll see though how the real story goes.

  3. #1393
    Quote Originally Posted by GodzillaSpawn View Post
    Well, so far, it's my favorite possible plot of the film.

    And, yes, the original Gojira is definitely a must for anybody who has not seen it. It's such a well-made, impactful film. The vision that Honda had when he created the first one is still remarkable to me. He achieved so much with a film that, in it's core, is still a guy in a rubber costume thrashing a miniature city.
    And for my money, that's the best a guy in a rubber suit has ever looked smashing a miniature city. The black and white film, the smoke effects and the vfx that went into that make those scenes truly nightmarish and disturbing. Gojira is simply the best ever.

  4. #1394
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice73 View Post
    And for my money, that's the best a guy in a rubber suit has ever looked smashing a miniature city. The black and white film, the smoke effects and the vfx that went into that make those scenes truly nightmarish and disturbing. Gojira is simply the best ever.
    I'd be inclined to agree. And, in a way, the black and white effect kind of hides many of the SFX flaws. It doesn't look as fake as many of the films in the 60's and 70's. Hell, even the recent films look fake because Toho suddenly decided to try to add CGI in many Godzilla films.

  5. #1395
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Micron
    Posts
    10,697
    Feedback
    23 (100%)
    Reputation
    Creatures laying eggs inside Godzilla? Not too keen on that idea and hope its only a rumor. Reminds me of one of the old Gamera films. Been done already.
    Leader of the Mighty Magno-Powered Micronauts!

  6. #1396
    King of the Monsters MODERATOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    52,648
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Reputation
    Follow MaulFan on Flickr Visit MaulFan's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by GodzillaSpawn View Post
    I'd be inclined to agree. And, in a way, the black and white effect kind of hides many of the SFX flaws. It doesn't look as fake as many of the films in the 60's and 70's. Hell, even the recent films look fake because Toho suddenly decided to try to add CGI in many Godzilla films.
    It's so weird that over the course of his 60s years, he came to look more fake in the newer films. Visually he looked ok in the Showa era, the simplified suits are what gave it away, he looked more real again in 84 and 89 but after that, the suits always looked rubber and fake.

  7. #1397
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cold Drunken Moscow
    Posts
    28,466
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Reputation
    91-92 / 99-00 / 02-03 had great looking suits

    84 and 01 had the worst.
    It is more difficult to talk about things and events (instead of persons), because this requires a certain amount of intelligence, reflection and information. If we are to talk of things, we must know something about them. (c)

  8. #1398
    King of the Monsters MODERATOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    52,648
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Reputation
    Follow MaulFan on Flickr Visit MaulFan's Instagram Channel
    I'm not saying the designs were bad, just something with the lighting and some of the motions in the head just made him look more like a rubber suit than a living creature with skin. The cinematography in 54, 84 and 89 had something to it that made him look more alive.

    Some new tidbits about Godzilla from the script source.

    Spoiler Spoiler:

  9. #1399
    This source, true or not, needs to be the film's hype man. But this can also be dangerous. Even though I'm taking it with a grain of salt, now I know at least how into this film I CAN be.

    Sounds like the final fight may be a total slobberknocker.

  10. #1400
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDDICK View Post
    91-92 / 99-00 / 02-03 had great looking suits

    84 and 01 had the worst.
    By design or aesthetically?

    Because I think GMK is the best looking and most realistic out of the Millennium series. Kaneko made it look real. He hands down gave that Godzilla the most personality. His face looked so interactive in his expressions and how he kept getting angrier and angrier. Plus, the guy in the costume looked more fluid and alive.

    The other films of this generation, looked too massive for the guy in the suit. It looked like every step Godzilla took the guy was about to fall down or sideways. Godzilla didn't look strong enough to support his body, he looked like a rubber costume.

    By design, the Showa Godzilla costumes were slimmer and more maneuverable. It looked more natural.

    But, '54 hid the limits of the costume well. Whether he was only shown from the waist down or the waist up, the costume held up well. The few, whole body shots stood out great because the monster moved so slow and it added to the feeling of the movie. Even as ugly as the following costume was, Gigantis in 1955, the suitmation was pretty good. He looked like a real predator when he battled Anguirus and not like a man in a costume. It looked fluid.

Similar Threads

  1. Godzilla Collectibles Thread
    By hydrobud in forum General Collectibles - Action Figures
    Replies: 13845
    Last Post: 07-05-2020, 09:54 PM
  2. The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)
    By Darth Waller in forum Movies & TV Show discussion
    Replies: 30225
    Last Post: 04-07-2019, 08:49 PM
  3. Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!
    By wookielovin in forum Marvel Statues, props, etc.
    Replies: 4775
    Last Post: 02-03-2017, 03:35 PM
  4. Sideshow GODZILLA Maquette
    By Z0MBIEproof in forum General Collectibles -Statues, props, etc.
    Replies: 1720
    Last Post: 06-18-2016, 08:30 AM
  5. No love for legendary scale busts ?
    By Solidsnake1982 in forum Marvel Statues, props, etc.
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-11-2014, 04:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •