SAURON Fine Art prints by Jerry VanderStelt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutchart

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey gang. I thought a separate thread would make sense for my Sauron Fine Art print line, since the new Sideshow Sauron statue is hitting the market out there. As most of you know, my Sauron art is what inspired the creative team at Sideshow as to how this new statue should look. We collaborated together to bring the art alive in three dimensions.
For anyone that wants to add the art that inspired the new Sauron statue, you can get your own Sauron Fine Art in either Canvas or Paper Giclees direct from me, the artist.
In this little thread, I will post from the start all the details that are in the art that inspired Sideshow for the statue as well as the base. Feel free to ask if you have any questions here on the forum ( not PM though, I hardly look at those and tend to miss PM's ) or via email at: [email protected]

Here is the link: https://store.vandersteltstudio.com/Lord-of-the-Rings-SAURON-SAURON-1a.htm

SauronfinalSSF.jpg

Saurondetail1.jpg

Stease2.jpg

Sauronringhand.jpg

Numenorianskull.jpg

Sauronrightfoot.jpg

Sauronteasesceneryandarm.jpg

Stease4.jpg

Stease3.jpg

Stease1.jpg

Love the print and the statue someday I'm gonna have them right next to each other. :rock

I'm not gonna have my Sauron PF until at least December, but I definitely plan on getting the Canvas Gallery-wrap version to be a part of my display.:rock

Ordered the paper giclee one some days ago from you Jerry, it will look perfect behind the SS PF statue when I get it :)

Word, would be nice to hang right behind the statue.

I do not know much about prints / printing methods. I mean I can guess what the paper is, I assume it is basically a poster.

Can someone help me understand what...
Canvas Giclee and Gallery Wrapped is?

Thanks.

Word, would be nice to hang right behind the statue.

I do not know much about prints / printing methods. I mean I can guess what the paper is, I assume it is basically a poster.

Can someone help me understand what...
Canvas Giclee and Gallery Wrapped is?

Thanks.

Canvas is like a formal painting like those you see at an art gallery/museum,etc( no glass )just a frame around a gallery wrapped around wood canvas while a paper print is paper and needs a frame as well as glass, and to be done right conservation backboard and conservation matting to protect it. Which could and probably is more expensive that an a Gallery wrapped canvas. A gallery wrapped canvas is ready to hang on the wall when you recieve it too

Last edited:
Ordered the paper giclee one some days ago from you Jerry, it will look perfect behind the SS PF statue when I get it :)

Awesome and I look forward to seeing it. make sure you post it here on the forum

The paper giclees are certainly made of paper : ) , but a paper giclee is much more than a poster, or a lithograph even. it is archival paper thicker than posters and has a little artsy tooth to the paper surface, as well as using archival inks that are a hundred year lasting, etc.above all, the printing process I use yeilds incredible color and super sharp details that are the closest thing to the original. and if any of you who have already purchased these or plan to, please post pics of your statue and the art prints I'd love to see it

Oops.this is what I get for trying to watch this forum with my mobile phone

I'll but that will maybe have to wait till Christmas, I always get the statues about 2-3 months after release from my local retailer :)
Either way, I enjoy seeing how others might display the two together : )

JV

I would absolutely LOVE to own your print or better yet the canvas to go with this piece. Hopefully I can save up a bit and afford it soon but with such recent purchases, money is a little scarce right now.

Not a problem. Canvas or paper are both very crisp, tight images of the Sauron-inspired statue. :)

JV

Do you do any special %off events? Like Black Friday, Halloween, Christmas, etc...

Yes. I just had a roughly 40% off all my store items sale about mid September, and those sale prices are still going on. :yess:

JV

Love your work Jerry!:bow Reminds me a lot of one of my all time favorites John Alvin’s stuff, you’re really really talented!
I just Flexed Sauron and will defiantly pick up one of your canvas prints to display behind him. I won’t get my Sauron until Dec but will post pic’s of them together when I do. Can you please keep that sale going for a few more weeks?:pray:

Sauron paper giclee #93/800 arrived today in perfect condition, I'll post a pic with the Sauron PF statue and the painting as soon as I get the statue.

Thanks again Jerry, awesome item!

Just FYI, I click on the link to your site in your sig, then on the Litho Art Banner, I click the "HERE" for more details and it links me to a broken ebay link.

Dunno if it just me or what?

Also, as asked, how long do you plan on keeping this 40% off going for?

Back