ANH Buckets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solo_bones

Super Freak
Reaction score

How difficult is it for Sideshow, DX, Medicom or Marmit to get them accurate?

Has anyone tried to make one? It would be really cool if we could get closer just to make our bash's and customs a bit more interesting. Maybe by 5:00pm HST there might be some progress.

Last edited:
Re: ANH Bucketts

you left out Hasbro. But yeah, no one has gotten them accurate. Hopefully someone can customize and offer for sale.

Stand by Stevo. I think we're getting something today. Keep an eye on this thread.

Hopefully they will be the right size and not too small or big...but that can be adjusted if so...it will just take another week.

Also, there's two slight imperfections, but they can be tweaked, with a little effort. But, I'm hopeful this will be the most film accurate available.

Here's a teaser.

7c3ea26e-3772-4d8b-8bba-b8ab29c5fab5_zps0224a8dc.jpg

80674459-3ace-4524-ba9c-dc54f69c6517_zps564c38b3.jpg

615a802d-ab8d-49a9-8521-4f88ea631d81_zps82ed39e8.jpg

Can someone tell me how to modify the title of a post? If I don't have authorization, can someone please spell "Buckets" correctly for me. It's driving me mad... :)

Thank you! No UPS yet.........

looking very interesting. the mouth/vents area seems to be slightly larger and out of proportion with the top part of the helmet.

It's not always the manufacturer's fault. There have been some things that have been protoyped more accurate and then changed by Lucas Film because he/they don't want some of the "flaws" in the original items copied in collectables (most notably is a symmetry in helmets) and some things are changed made by the factories.

I used to get to see stuff in person and talk to a couple of guys from sideshow when I lived in So Cal and would hang out in Echo Base Toys. They would come in and occassionally show stuff and often talk about frustrations with trying to get things produced accurately.

When you are dealing with licensing and not manufacturing the items yourself, let alone on the same continent, it's not as easy as you all think.

looking very interesting. the mouth/vents area seems to be slightly larger and out of proportion with the top part of the helmet.

Are referring to the teeth, or the mouth speaker?

What you are looking at is a scan of an original prop. It's been adjusted to be symmetrical as producing an a symmetrical bucket won't be as strong in the development, and it required double the effort to tweak.

The things that are off are some details, such as the dimples. The teeth, however, are spot on. :). They certainly won't look, or have the dolphin smile, like some of the others such as Sideshow and Marmit. Although, marmits are gorgeous.

The image you are looking at is slightly different from the model I used, as it's just a reference.

I will do a side-by-side comparison when they arrive.

referring to the whole bottom half of the helmet - with the tubes and mouth area. It just looks off to me, could be that it doesn't have the blacks or anything next to it for comparison.

I didn't know you were making it symmetrical - that could also be a factor in making it appear off. If it were asymmetrical, then it might look correct.

I think what you are seeing is the angle from looking at the top down. The image was spinning so I could only do screen captures. I couldn't pose it from every angle, namely straight on.

The dimensions are spot on. There's nothing this accurate out there at 1/6th.

I think what you are seeing is the angle from looking at the top down. The image was spinning so I could only do screen captures. I couldn't pose it from every angle, namely straight on.

The dimensions are spot on. There's nothing this accurate out there at 1/6th.

ah, probably right. can't wait to see it finished.

What will be off are the following:

Dimples on forehead and under the cheeck

Mouth Speaker

Mic tip holes (too flat)

Outside of that, it should be pretty damn close. The very back might be pinched a tiny bit due to the mirroring to make it symmetrical.

The buckets were delivered.......too big, by about 1/2 CM. :slap

It's going to be another couple of weeks, or longer.:gah:

They came out pretty good though. I will paint just to show what's been created.

Back