Natedog's figure bashes and customs - Deathstar Diorama=Complete

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natedog

Super Freak
Reaction score
My 1st attempt Count Dooku. Pretty straight forward build.

Body=TTL
Head=Hasbro repainted
Everything else=Hasbro slightly reworke

I still need to tweak the hands to make them more realistic.

Re: Natedog's figure bashes and customs

Aurra Sing

Body=Takara ( I like big boobs :clap )
Head=Hasbro repainted
Hands=original Hasbro fitted with Takara pegs
Replaced soft (bent) plastic antenna with a metal one
Everything else=Hasbro reworked/painted/weathered

I may upgrade the holsters to real leather ones someday, but for now this is good enough.

Thanks guys! Any tips would be appreciated since I'm new at this. Criticisms are also welcome, just be gentle! haha

For all hasbro bashes your of to a great star t at customizing. All those look pretty good Dooku & arua look baller.

I think that the Dukuu sculpt is one of Hasbro's best. But the repaint puts it way over the top - an amazing job!!

I was not real impressed with the Hasbro Sing - didn't think it looked like the right sculpt, but your repaint proved me wrong - another amazing job.

Looking forward to seeing the other ones completed too.

I always thought the hasbro stuff could be bashed up to look really good and you've definetely proved it with your work here Nate.:clap I have Sing and want to port her to a new body as well, how did you paint the body? Any problems doing it?

Painting the body was easy however tight joints result in chipped paint. I'm working on a Shaak Ti as well which has loose joints and there is no scraping at all. It's a toss up. You can always touch up the paint though. I also used some pastels on Aurra but it's sloppy. I need to practice.
Thanks for the compliments.

Outlander - To elaborate a bit more. I painted the body with an airbrush using Testors "Camouflage Grey" which is also what I did the head with. I did use a white primer first but it did not help alleviate the tight joint scraping.

Working on a custom Luke in Hoth gear but need some help.
Any tips on cleaning off this fake snow? I tried soap and water which of course didn't do anything. I tried paint thinner on the plastic boots which sor of worked but required a lot of scraping. I don't think it would work on the fabric. I also don't want to ruin anything either. Would Acetone work do you think?

You might try nail polish remover. I have used it to remove silk screened insignia on WW2 German DML tunics and it removed the images and didn't leave any staining. I applied the nail polish remover with a "Q" tip let it sit for a couple minutes then using an Exato knife I carefully scraped the insignia away

So I went with acetone. It worked with removing the... what I now call pigeon crap. Its gone but it did cause the pigeon crap to run therefore slightly staining the tan material a bit. Its not too noticeable. I haven't decided if I'll re-dye it or not.

Some new entries:

For some reason his hands look huge. OK, so he needs some more work. :)

Back