Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 51 of 388 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    Default Re: Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Quote Originally Posted by DVD1 View Post
    Hot Toys is excited to introduce the 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure from the 1966 feature film. The collectible figure is newly developed and highly detailed, which is specially crafted based on the image of Adam West as the iconic character Batman, featuring a screen-accurate masked head sculpt, specially made costume with Batman logo, weapons and accessories.

I think they were originally aiming at TV, but since moving forward, are marketing as a movie release.
    Well yes of course, that's what is being said, but when the cash starts rolling in all directions, I'm sure we'll see much more.
    PO Figures: HT Wolverine 66-Batman 66-Robin ASM Crow Zod Kal-El Jor-El Mime Joker DXSSC Snake X BCS WHO 4 SE Holmes/Watson SE Medicom - In Transit
    Hidden Content

Super Freak
    Feedback
    I would have liked a Julie, if they did the villains, but since realizing these are now marketed as movie figures... Unless HT redefine their marketing to include TV, this might be a sign that they only secured Movie rights and not TV rights.
    I could be totally wrong, but that's how it looks to me. And if that's the case then they can only use movie characterizations, regardless if the costumes are the same or not.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Anyways, I'm glad for the Bat, the bird and the car !
    Won't see em for the better part of a year, but there are a few releases between now and then to keep me busy.
    Right, time for this weeks, " Beware..."

Quote Originally Posted by DVD1 View Post
    I would have liked a Julie, if they did the villains, but since realizing these are now marketed as movie figures... Unless HT redefine their marketing to include TV, this might be a sign that they only secured Movie rights and not TV rights.
    I could be totally wrong, but that's how it looks to me. And if that's the case then they can only use movie characterizations, regardless if the costumes are the same or not.
    I think it might be more that they're trying to keep the figures in line with their MMS series which as we all know is Movie Masterpiece Series not Television Masterpiece Series. So that could be a possibility as to why these figures are being marketed as being from Batman: The Movie rather than just the Batman series. Even though they essentially are the same thing and the movie is just an oversized episode with more villains popping up than normal.

The rights to the Batman TV show are actually very complicated. Fox owns the show, but WB owns the characters. They have not been able to come to an agreement about how to work together on them. Which is why the TV show is not on DVD yet, just the movie.
    www.luminousandominous.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
    Eh..the costume is basically the same all they'd have to do is a separate headsculpt. That would be a cool idea if Hot Toys actually did that.
    It's not just the costumes though; Julie is THE body. Merriwhether doesn't compare to her - she filled the gap for the film role adequately enough.. but there is only one Catwoman in my books. A high end 1/6 scale Catwoman should reflect the actress properly, not just the outfit alone.

Back to the earlier point; it's fair enough to go off what they've put out per the specs, but as DGT said - once they realize that there are tens of thousands of fans of this beloved series - from all demographics, just waiting - license agreement details permitting.. it'll be on for young & old.

Preordered Batman. The shark repellant and bomb were the ultimate selling points for me. I used to love the show when I was younger. I'm really hoping for Joker and Riddler to come out too.

Quote Originally Posted by VintijDroidGutzz View Post
    It's not just the costumes though; Julie is THE body. Merriwhether doesn't compare to her - she filled the gap for the film role adequately enough.. but there is only one Catwoman in my books. A high end 1/6 scale Catwoman should reflect the actress properly, not just the outfit alone.

Back to the earlier point; it's fair enough to go off what they've put out per the specs, but as DGT said - once they realize that there are tens of thousands of fans of this beloved series - from all demographics, just waiting - license agreement details permitting.. it'll be on for young & old.
    Why did Julie not do the Batman film? Guess she was already filming something else at the time?

If I recall, Julie Newmar had a prior commitment.
    YOUR AD HERE!!

RENT THIS SPACE CHEAP!!

I $ Figures
    Feedback
    17 (100%)