Custom 1/6 John Carter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eightcell

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
A John Carter figure I put together based on the Disney film.

Learning as I go. I am looking to have future versions have a more accurate costume, but I'm pretty happy with my first try, and I dare say it's better than any of the official JC figs they've released (oh wait... they haven't.)

PLccnxi.jpg

ImsaG8E.jpg

YsffNfr.jpg

The face/head is from a Hot Toys True Type figure (likely intended to be Gambit from the first Wolverine movie). The body is a different Hot Toys True Type, and the clothing is all custom. Chest piece is my first attempt at sculpting anything like this.

I also did a couple of papertoys, and will likely do a few more:

https://www.cubeecraft.com/cubee/john-carter

328a.png
329-2a.png

Nice custom, I'm still getting the last little bits together to actually finish my Gambit bash. Nice job on this figure!

A John Carter figure I put together based on the Disney film.

Learning as I go. I am looking to have future versions have a more accurate costume, but I'm pretty happy with my first try, and I dare say it's better than any of the official JC figs they've released (oh wait... they haven't.)

ImsaG8E.jpg

The face/head is from a Hot Toys True Type figure (likely intended to be Gambit from the first Wolverine movie). The body is a different Hot Toys True Type, and the clothing is all custom. Chest piece is my first attempt at sculpting anything like this.

I also did a couple of papertoys, and will likely do a few more:

https://www.cubeecraft.com/cubee/john-carter

328a.png
329-2a.png

GREAT job--love the chest piece! I think the rustic look is great:hi5:

That's really nice, eightcell. I like it. I was thinking about sticking that head on a Kaustic Plastik KP03A or an ACI Christian body with Triad Toys' John Carter gear, but that would get a bit costly.

very nice. my only suggestion wpould have been to use one of the many muscle bodies that we have instead of the regular TT

I just finished a John Carter 1/6th custom of my own. I was disappointed Hot Toys didn't make this, but at least they gave us a great Taylor Kitsch head sculpt.John Carter FINAL4.jpg

Attachments

• John Carter FINAL1.jpg
    John Carter FINAL1.jpg
    516.1 KB · Views: 526
  • John Carter FINAL2.jpg
    John Carter FINAL2.jpg
    463.9 KB · Views: 413
  • John Carter FINAL3.jpg
    John Carter FINAL3.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 447
I'm lovin' the harness and swords. I need to get or make swords like that for mine.
Beautiful work[emoji4]

Well done! As for the folks saying more muscles....I think what you've got going works fine. Kitsch is not that big, built or bulky.

Great job, eightcell and Stephen! And welcome to the board!

Very awesome Stephen!

I recently updated mine.

- better body, more appropriate for bare arms/chest
- sword
- Thern medallion
- better skirt thingy

pR4zNgg.jpg

I'm planning a Tars Tarkas next.

e6uzC5b.jpg

I have an extra chest plate with straps for anyone interested in making their own custom Taylor Kitsch/John Carter of Mars 1/6 figure. I'll take best offer or trade for other 1/6 items.
John Carter Chest PLATE front.jpg
John Carter Chest PLATE back.jpg
John Carter Chest PLATE w straps.jpg

Lovin' your work on this character, guys... inspiring stuff!

Nearly ready to build my own custom after seeing these - loved the film despite what's been said about it - and I too am sad there's no official 1:6th release (unlikely to ever be) - nor sequels either!

Last edited:
I don't understand how come no company is picking up this license? Everybody and their uncle are doing 1/6 right now, and they are doing all sorts of crazy licenses, stuff I never even heard of, but nobody is touching this? There are some great figures here (you Stephen, Sir, have made an excellent Carter). There was no merch for this movie? How come? Did Disney know it would tank and didn't want all the toys filling the shelves reminding people of their failure?
A 1/6 company should pick this up. I am certain it would sell better than a lot of other stuff being produced. These would be awesome figures. I'm thinking maybe Disney doesn't want to sell the rights for some reason.
A yeah, Tonto sold poorly, but if the stupid SOB (sorry) at Hot Toys had produced the Lone Ranger, Tonto would have sold better. People like western. It's just weird only having a Tonto. Back to Carter. Come on Blitzway or Star Ace - pick up this license. I understand Tars will be expensive cause a new body design and all, but just do John and the Princess to start of with, it they sell, do Tars and the "dog". Maybe the Calvary officer. Or John in his Goldminer get-up. Now I can use my Tonto :)
This is a solid license. I loved the film, I know it has huge problems, but I still loved it. It was a great adventure, old-school, they don't make these any more (cause no one wants to see them). I know the movie tanked, but it still made 284 millions world wide. I'm pretty damn sure that will be able to sell at least 500 figures. But what do I know? I'm just a fan.

Back