1/6 aliens not from hot toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yodasodabo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey, I really want to get a 1/6 alien figure but I'm not down for paying the hot toys price, especially with problems they have with age. I was wondering if there were any other 1/6 aliens like maybe from Neca or Mcfarlane that would have the accurate height next to a hot toys pred.:dunno

HT aliens are accurate in height. There is the medicom RAH alien which has more articulation and is 12 inch so its like 1/7 scale size but might look fine to the HT pred. I think its price is still up there 150+

Why would they? It sucks compared to the HT versions... Which also suck, but if all youre looking for is someone to agree with you then just buy it

I’d personally wait. If you must have one to go with your preds find one from HT you really and I mean Really like and bite the bullet. Problem right now most cost more than they are worth and who knows if there will be a 2.0

as an owner of HT and Mcfarlane aliens i have to say the HT aliens suck hard. they break all over and the rubber is prone to cracking. the mcfarlane grid alien has a weird pose but is more solid and big (its definitely not underscale) and the mcfarlane giger alien is nice but i suggest gluing the cut joints on the upper legs as they are ugly and can get loose. less posable but still nice are the Tsukuda hobby alien resurrection alien warrior and newborn alien both at about 14-15 inches tall. kotobukiya AvP alien is slightly small but looks great. i dont recommend HT at all unless they re-do the aliens better at a later date

Awesome, didn't know about those other brands and was looking into the mcfarlane and neca preds you mentioned. Ill have to check those other ones out

Hey, I really want to get a 1/6 alien figure but I'm not down for paying the hot toys price, especially with problems they have with age. I was wondering if there were any other 1/6 aliens like maybe from Neca or Mcfarlane that would have the accurate height next to a hot toys pred.:dunno

My favorite posable 'Alien' (e.g. Big Chap) figure would be the Medicom 12 inch. I say 12 inch because it is that measurement and NOT 1/6 scale. I have the Hot Toys as well which is very substantial but and you will be more than happy with it if you want a representation of the Alien but if you are looking for 'movie accurate' sculpt I think the Medicom comes much closer to the spirit of the Giger design. Compared with the silly money I had to pay for the HT in second hand market I'd say the Medicom was a steal.

I ended up getting the newer sideshow ~1/5 scale statues and decided to sell my HT figure. The HT ones are nice, but I decided to go with the non poseable option and list my HT one in the sale section. I don't think there is a better 1/6 action figure made so if that is what you want you can buy a HT or wait and see in a few years if a better one is made.

So no one recommends the mcfarlane 12"? Lol

I used to have the McFarlane action figure. It is nicely detailed but it still falls into the category of a 12" action figure rather than a 12" collectible. Its still a cool piece. Yes, I recommend it for what it is. :wave

Got the McFarlane Alien today, ordered it from ebay and got a pretty good deal I think, 80 dollars for it MIB, I'm pretty impressed with it considering its from the mid 90's, scale seems pretty nice, I haven't measured it yet but it looks to be around 14 inches tall, I'll take some height comparison shots soon, but as you can see he nearly touches the top of the detolf as is.

19287545471_1281a39d4b_b.jpg

18663070333_271b25315d_b.jpg

19287529741_056c30c4c0_b.jpg

19277620542_0e1a00d743_b.jpg

It's actually from the mid '00s. I have the 9" one and still like it well enough. Doesn't look like the bigger version has the translucency going on, but maybe that's just not coming through in the pics.

It's actually from the mid '00s. I have the 9" one and still like it well enough. Doesn't look like the bigger version has the translucency going on, but maybe that's just not coming through in the pics.

Your right, I just took a look at the box and its from 2004, it does have that translucency that you speak of but its not showing up in my pics like you said, I will do a video review in a day or so to showcase the figure properly but for now here's a few pics for height comparison for those that's interested. I would say the scale is passable but it could stand to be an inch or so taller, also consider the pose isn't standing strait up.

Standard height 1/6 scale figure

18664535663_068a898e87_b.jpg

Next to Robocop

19279103562_acfc641cea_b.jpg

Next to Marty Mcfly

19097490220_29227f80c3_b.jpg

Next to Neca Aliens Warrior

19098985629_b0f18afeb4_b.jpg

Next to Titans Aliens Mini Vinyl figures

18664550403_a145003383_b.jpg

The HT Aliens are no good, they're old now and those figures don't survive time like the rest. I hope we get an updated version of the original alien at least

Back