Better Call Saul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Something Sexy

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57602495/breaking-bad-saul-goodman-spin-off-a-go-at-amc/

"Breaking Bad" may soon be coming to an end, but Saul Goodman is staying put at AMC.

The network is moving forward with a spin-off called "Better Call Saul," centered on the shady lawyer character played by Bob Odenkirk.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, AMC reached a licensing agreement with Sony Pictures Television for the drama's next iteration "after several weeks of negotiations."

This news doesn't confirm anything about Goodman's fate in the remaining "Breaking Bad" episodes -- the spin-off will be a prequel.

"As conceived, the new series is based on the show's popular Saul Goodman character with the working title 'Better Call Saul,'" the studio and network confirmed in a joint statement, per THR, adding: "plans call for 'Saul' to be a one-hour prequel that will focus on the evolution of the popular Saul Goodman character [played by Bob Odenkirk] before he ever became Walter White's lawyer."

The prequel will star Odenkirk, with writer/producer Peter Gould set to run the series. "Breaking Bad" creator Vince Gilligan will reportedly remain involved.

Goodman -- with his "Better Call Saul!" catchphrase -- has been a regular fixture on "Breaking Bad" since he was first introduced in season 2.

The acclaimed series is set to finish up its final eight-episode arc later this month.

Loved Bob ever since Mr. Show. Excited for Birthday Boys. Think this is a terrible idea. Show won't work and will be canned.

As passionate as Vince Gilligan is about the idea, I have faith that it will be awesome, and I can't wait to see it.

I've very excited for this and a prequel was a good idea. A flamboyant lawyer getting into trouble each week with clients can certainly work. I wonder about the character and show arc, though. I have a lot of faith in Gilligan and his writers.

Also more Mike please! :yess:

I've very excited for this and a prequel was a good idea. A flamboyant lawyer getting into trouble each week with clients can certainly work. I wonder about the character and show arc, though. I have a lot of faith in Gilligan and his writers.

Also more Mike please! :yess:

Yes! If this gets us Mike back, I am all in.

season 1, the return/1st appearance of Tuco?

season 2, Mike meets Gus? :horror

and Huell is in the mix of course.

After "Scrooge McDuck," I'm pretty sure that Huell and Kuby could carry their own show; maybe have it pick up after BB, with the two of them starring in their own reality show, a la all of that "Repo Man" bull****.:lol

JIo3WwK.gif

As passionate as Vince Gilligan is about the idea, I have faith that it will be awesome, and I can't wait to see it.
Agreed. I was a bit skeptical when I first heard about it, but it's Gilligan and Breaking Bad's lead writer, so I'm sure it will be good.

I've also been a fan of Odenkirk since Mr. Show, and love Saul. He's probably my favorite thing about Breaking Bad. I'll definitely give this one a shot!

I hope it's a comedy. The guy is to funny for it to be serious.

I can't see it being anything but that. Probably a show about him representing weirdos.

The best was when you're first introduced to him and he thinks Badger got locked up for "Public Masturbation." :rotfl

I hope in this show we get to see the chick who he convinced he was Kevin Costner.

Last edited:
Back