True Detective

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vivek

Super Freak
Reaction score
HBO series True Detective starring Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8i5CR4kDjM]True Detective: Official Trailer (HBO) - YouTube[/ame]
Looks great, long wait till January 2014.

TRUE DETECTIVE Trailer. HBO's TRUE DETECTIVE Stars Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson | Collider

"True Detective is written by Nic Pizzolatto and directed by Cary F ukunaga. The series is described as an “elevated serial narrative” that uses multiple perspectives and time frames. It centers on two detectives, Rust Cohle (Matthew McConaughey) and Martin Hart (Woody Harrelson), whose lives collide and entwine during a seventeen-year hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana. The investigation of a bizarre murder in 1995 is framed and interlaced with testimony from the detectives in 2012, when the case has been reopened. The show is envisioned as an anthology, and these first eight episodes will tell a complete story involving McConaughey and Harrelson’s characters."

Last edited:
That looks phenomenal! Damn, it seems like we're living in the Golden Age of television! Well, maybe not, but still; there are tons of great shows currently airing, or set to air.:lol

I'm really excited for this. This is probably the fifth time I've watched that trailer in the past three days. I've really been digging McConaughey's stuff, lately; between Killer Joe and Mud, and whenever Harrelson's in something, it's always a must, IMO. Not to mention the entire concept sounds great, and it had a fantastic trailer. Suffice it to say, is it January, yet?

Third trailer: [ame]https://youtu.be/zP1ip1Qf3bI[/ame]

Are we the only ones who are excited for this? That January release date is drawing ever nearer.:lecture

Cool, was wondering if a thread would come up for this. They've been airing the trailers just before Boardwalk Empire and it does look really good. Both Harrelson and McConaughey seem like they'd excel in this kind of role.

Been looking forward to this as well, especially since I've been losing interest in Boardwalk Empire and Homeland.

First episode of eight begins on HBO Sunday, January 12th at 9/8c.

[ame]https://youtu.be/12NLvNPsWNk[/ame]​

I can't wait! It looks phenomenal! McConaughey is steadily becoming one of the best actors in the business. Who would've thought the "Sahara" dude who always played a shirtless guy in rom coms would surprise us like this?:lol

Indeed! he really turned his career around, he wasn't even trying before, just collecting the easy paychecks.Does anyone know if this is just a one season show or are they even planning multiple seasons?

Indeed! he really turned his career around, he wasn't even trying before, just collecting the easy paychecks.Does anyone know if this is just a one season show or are they even planning multiple seasons?

Just 8 episodes long, Rob.

Back