the OFFICIALLY sanctioned Spooktacular thread! All other threads bow before me!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kookie

Super Freak
Reaction score
Let me be the first to bow on one knee and grovel at the feet of Chicky, Dusty, Chris, or whoever holds the power of granting the task of embarking on a personal quest.

I have the feeling this year will rival the legendary Spooktacular event of 2004 in size and grandeur and nothing says "I'm a true Sideshow Freak" like begging for free stuff.

So as I prepare myself mentally for the 6 day event that lies ahead, I will vow to keep my refrigerator filled, visine within reach, fingers warmed up, and credit limit increased.

All joking aside, I really am looking forward to Spooktacular this year and by all impressions it will be the best yet.

I look forward to the hunt and getting a chance to hear about the great things Sideshow has in store for us. No other company does something like this for their fans and that is why I collect Sideshow products exclusively.

Let the games begin!!!

Re: My first groveling request for a Spooktacular quest!

This will be my first Spooktacular that I will be attending and from what I have read, I better keep a fresh stock of coffee available at night, and look out for my boss during the day.

Good luck to everyone these next six days. I hope everyone gets a good deal out of it. I hope I do!

Kookie said:
...So as I prepare myself mentally for the 6 day event that lies ahead, I will vow to keep my refrigerator filled, visine within reach, fingers warmed up, and credit limit increased....

I've already stocked up on Depends undergarments. :D

Just kidding. :p

...or am I? :eek:

in past events, what are the general time frames that things will be added to the site? im confused

nash said:
in past events, what are the general time frames that things will be added to the site? im confused

i think thats the idea... they just randomly put stuff up on the site at any given time. its to keep people guessing and contracts put out against Sideshow employees.

Exactly, hence the coffee and Depends remarks.

In 2004 the banners were random and there were fantastic free prizes. You have to be quick because sometimes there are only 1 or 2 free prizes for that specific product. In 2005 there were no free prizes from what I remember just great discounts. From what I've read and seen on the Sideshow website this year is shaping up to be larger than the 2004 event.

The fun part is staying up into the weee hours of the night to catch that elusive free item that most only read about the next morning on this board.

There are usually a ton of giveaways that require answering a trivia question or following clues to the correct product. Sometimes the Mistress gets sneaky and hides questions on the site with no clues and you have to search for days to find them. It's one of the most fun events Sideshow puts on next to Fantacular, Toy Fair, and Comic Con.

KAOSINLA said:

I never noticed the Milinium Falcon in the back ground. And he's got the Game Sphere from the Towlie episode. What a great show!

Here's my request... when it begins, can we try to keep ALL Spook references in ONE thread? It's such a help when it's like that! I don't care which board it's on (Horror/General/whatever), just keep it one place, that way everyone will know where to go to discover what they might have missed while they took a nap (or a shower!) :duff

Maybe this post is a good thread to kick it off...we'll just change the title to "The Official Spooktacular 2006 Event Thread"

SideshowDusty said:
.... that way everyone will know where to go to discover what they might have missed while they took a nap (or a shower!) :duff

or ...

dedicated-student.jpg

:monkey3

Does everyone realise that Spooktacular 2004 was the first one? Sideshow must have had some time on their hands back then, cause in 2005 it was almost overlooked, and was put together hurriedly by the web mistresses and masters. Look now, it is expected of them. Who else but Sideshow and the staff would bend over backwards for the fans like this. Please remember that these efforts place considerable strain on the unseen staffers, who have an extra heavy workload to deal with, when you place a Customer Service Form in with your queries. Now back to the mayhem at hand. :taz :nazgul :ogat :orthanc :balrog :frank :borg :winner :bborg :mummy

wofford29 said:
can someone explain what spooktacular is and what all the hype is about? This will be my first.

Well ya see...

Sideshow has hidden three golden tickets in their shipments of R. Lee Ermey figures. The lucky winners of these three will get to visit the strange and mysterious factory where all the magic happens. I hear the last time, on lucky little boy who bought an Extra Salty R. Lee Ermey ended up the Director of Marketing.

j/k.....or AM I!!????

It's just a fun, hyped-up mini party with some contests, a few announcements, and general good-natured mayhem on Sideshow's site during the Halloween season.

wofford29 said:
can someone explain what spooktacular is and what all the hype is about? This will be my first.
Last year was my first, and it was several days of trivia contests to win free collectibles, searching the site for hidden banners to get special limited time only deals and they reduced their shipping rates to 99 cents.

creecher said:
Does everyone realise that Spooktacular 2004 was the first one? Sideshow must have had some time on their hands back then, cause in 2005 it was almost overlooked, and was put together hurriedly by the web mistresses and masters. Look now, it is expected of them. Who else but Sideshow and the staff would bend over backwards for the fans like this. Please remember that these efforts place considerable strain on the unseen staffers, who have an extra heavy workload to deal with, when you place a Customer Service Form in with your queries. Now back to the mayhem at hand.

And don't forget Chris decided to get married during this week last year - the nerve! ;) I expect this year will be somewhere between 2004 and last year's in crazy-ness. We'll see if things decide to work out according to plan :lol

Back