EX or FAIL

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ex or Fail for all pieces sir.

Van%20Halen%20with%20David%20Lee%20Roth%20is%20like%20all%20the%20best%20parts%20of%20snorting%20coke%20off%20a%20stripper%E2%80%99s%20ass..gif

'EXs or fail' is only if the statue itself comes with switch out parts.

Art prints, or extra pieces that aren't part of the statue ....I don't care ....

I mean the extra parts were nice with the Indy Temple of Doom PF and the Arnie Conan PF ....but they weren't part of the statue or even related to the specific scene the statue was from, so I preferred a much cheaper buy option than what Sideshow had the pieces at.

But any time a statue has switch out parts .... EX is the only option for me :D

Cap TFA EX is pretty awesome. A little hard to see but a lot of parts to switch out which is a big plus.

Vampi PF
Darth malgus pf
Chicken leg darth maul PF
Joker PF
Ms marvel

I think these switch out heads makes those statues very different from the original reg version. So ex or fail for all of those in my opinion.

Considering Doom , Thor & Cap are all sought after (even the reg) and the cloth looks to be on par with these "grails", I'm going to say the Punisher. With an an es# at 350.... you never know. Even with just the knife.

For me its usually a switch out second portrait, but its not always a must have...(ie Colossus PF EX but either one looks good, same with Joker PF...however its a MUST HAVE with Darth Malgus, Ms Marvel, Iron Man Comiquette, Storm PF, etc.)

Sometimes a weapon/hand that is integral part of the character(s)..

Anakin Skywalker PF is one of the important ones to me. The Sith eyes is a must have.

I don't agree on Deadpool. I agree that it compliments him very well, but what sold the REG to me was the two portraits.

Another example of an insignificant EX is the Shaak Ti one.

EX is only a must, when the EX features something that communicates the nature of the character considerably better than the REG.

Obviously, this is also a personal matter.

'EXs or fail' is only if the statue itself comes with switch out parts.

Art prints, or extra pieces that aren't part of the statue ....I don't care ....

I mean the extra parts were nice with the Indy Temple of Doom PF and the Arnie Conan PF ....but they weren't part of the statue or even related to the specific scene the statue was from, so I preferred a much cheaper buy option than what Sideshow had the pieces at.

But any time a statue has switch out parts .... EX is the only option for me :D

99% agree. But some has ex switch out parts that makes the statue worse. Gandalf the Grey: the ex was a head WITHOUT hat, that's just :cuckoo:

What people are mistakenly expecting is that EX should be a better product. If that were the case, we would have a lot of examples of Regulars that are completely de-valued by their Exclusive counterpart.

It's a balance, deciding what the Exclusive feature ought to be. But they cannot neglect the Regular completely. Collectors should be able to enjoy a Regular to almost the same extent as the Exclusive.

Keep in mind that a lot of collectors live outside of the US. Obtaining an Exclusive isn't as straight forward, as you'd believe, for all of us.

I agree with VS. The Cap PF EX is the best EX feature SSC ever released. It basically allows you to display 2 entirely different statues. That's a hell of an EX if you ask me.

The absolute worst EX feature I have ever seen is the Colossus Com EX. A human head on an armored body? What were the peeps at SSC thinking? An absolutely useless EX feature in my book.

Having said all that, I own nothing but EX statues from SSC with the exception of the 1st Punisher PF. I HATED the skinny skull logo on his shirt and base. It just didn't look like the Punisher to me so I bought the REG. After I picked up the EX COM, I just put the PF back in its box. After I get around to selling the Punisher PF, I'll have nothing but EX statues from SSC.

Back