Making 1/6 scaled items: Magazines, newspapers etc

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teabelly83

Super Freak
Reaction score
Id like to have a go at making up a 1/6 scale newspaper, magazine or something that is readable and just wondered how to go about doing it.

Im guessing photoshop but not sure..

thanks

Photoshop works really well. The main thing is to increase the dpi to extreme numbers so you don't lose resolution when shrinking the image. For example if your object is 1 inch by 1 inch make the resolution something like 2000dpi. If you know your printer's output, then make the dpi match it. The file sizes wont be extreme as long as you shrink the image to the correct size.

Ok cool thanks, ill give it a go :)

Photoshop works really well. The main thing is to increase the dpi to extreme numbers so you don't lose resolution when shrinking the image. For example if your object is 1 inch by 1 inch make the resolution something like 2000dpi. If you know your printer's output, then make the dpi match it. The file sizes wont be extreme as long as you shrink the image to the correct size.

Heya :)

For my "Phone Booth" Caller/Sniper figure, I made the newspaper myself.
I went on google images and looked up stuff like "Newspaper front page" or "New York Times" and grabbed some random images.

I then used Photoshop to make the front/back page spread:

kni6.jpg

I customized the front page by adding in the headline and grabbed a couple of photos from the movie and pasted them in.
I had to move some text blocks around to fit in my additions.
I also Photoshopped in a "crumpled paper texture" over the top to make it look a little more... authentic.

When it was a decent 1:6 size (took a couple of test prints to get it right), I cut out about 9 or 10 sheets of the same size from an actual newspaper to use as filler.
Then I just put the spread on top and folded it all in half.
I left a light book on it overnight to press it all down a little more.
I also put in a tiny bit of blutak to keep it from unfolding on itself too.

r9tj.jpg

48522852.jpg

:yess:

Back