Optibotimus Reviews: Hot Toys Tony Stark Mark XLII (42) Test Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Optibotimus

Super Freak
Reaction score
Enjoy guys!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23BqahO_9qY[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have time to look it now, but will definitely check it out later. Nevertheless, I know you do excellent reviews so thank you in advance, mate!!

I don't have time to look it now, but will definitely check it out later. Nevertheless, I know you do excellent reviews so thank you in advance, mate!!

Very kind of you to say :) Thank you!

I do know it's a long review, but there was soooo much to cover and i wanted to make sure i got everything

Great review.
I enjoyed it all. And i love your review space. Nice and bright.

A few points.

If you try a little harder, you will find that his neck will move slightly. That's the point of the separate joint inside the neck, and the rubber neck itself.

You can buy a separate neck adaptor that you could use to attach the head to an armour or another body. That ball joint WILL come out. Use needle nosed pliers.

That robot is not Dummy. It's You. Dummy has been released twice before, both with the Mech Test Tony, and with the Gantry set.
This one, although substantially the same item, is the other robot, and only Dummy wore the dunce cap, and he also used a broom.

Tony's lower arm armour did NOT contain the upper arm. That attached separately when his shoulder panel attached, and worked it's way down. So it wasn't a part of the forearm armour.

Just observations.
I really enjoyed your review.

Great review as always Obtibotimus. :clap I have watched your Transformers reviews for years. Always honest, entertaining and detailed.

Your Reviews are amazing...when a new figure is released, i am always waiting anxiously for your reviews! :hi5:

After watching this review, I am even more happy that my Girlfriend ordered this for me back when SSC had the 70 dollar off coupon for 1st time buyers.
I was going to pass on this at 280, but she offered to sign up for a SSC account, and buy it for me since it was 220 with shipping after.
Now that I have seen this review I realize I would easily pay the 280 now if I didn't already have one coming on Wednesday.:yess:
Love my lady, she is a keeper for sure.:clap

Great review.
I enjoyed it all. And i love your review space. Nice and bright.

A few points.

If you try a little harder, you will find that his neck will move slightly. That's the point of the separate joint inside the neck, and the rubber neck itself.

You can buy a separate neck adaptor that you could use to attach the head to an armour or another body. That ball joint WILL come out. Use needle nosed pliers.

That robot is not Dummy. It's You. Dummy has been released twice before, both with the Mech Test Tony, and with the Gantry set.
This one, although substantially the same item, is the other robot, and only Dummy wore the dunce cap, and he also used a broom.

Tony's lower arm armour did NOT contain the upper arm. That attached separately when his shoulder panel attached, and worked it's way down. So it wasn't a part of the forearm armour.

Just observations.
I really enjoyed your review.

Thank you very much. Other people have mentioned that the robot is named "you". I guess i never looked at that as a name LOL

Great review as always Obtibotimus. :clap I have watched your Transformers reviews for years. Always honest, entertaining and detailed.
Thank you very much for the support all this time. Transformers will always be my main focus, but it's awesome to see so much additional support for other reviews i do.

Your Reviews are amazing...when a new figure is released, i am always waiting anxiously for your reviews! :hi5:
Thank you! I'm always happy from comments like that. My main point always is to help and be as honest as possible. For good or bad and it always makes me feel good when i'm able to help someone.

After watching this review, I am even more happy that my Girlfriend ordered this for me back when SSC had the 70 dollar off coupon for 1st time buyers.
I was going to pass on this at 280, but she offered to sign up for a SSC account, and buy it for me since it was 220 with shipping after.
Now that I have seen this review I realize I would easily pay the 280 now if I didn't already have one coming on Wednesday.:yess:
Love my lady, she is a keeper for sure.:clap

Yup...that's a keeper :p I can't even get my own wife to buy me stuff. In all fairness, i end up buying the stuff before she gets the chance lol i guess i should just be happy she lets me do this :p

Also a longtime watcher here, and I have to say great in depth review of this set Optibotimus! I don't collect the Marvel/IM HT stuff, but this review has really got me tempted to pull the trigger on this. Just a staggering amount of accessories and display possibilities.

You can also plug your TF reviews and weigh in any figures on the Transformers thread here. I caught the Metroplex review and your cat really stole the show. :lol
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21045

Also a longtime watcher here, and I have to say great in depth review of this set Optibotimus! I don't collect the Marvel/IM HT stuff, but this review has really got me tempted to pull the trigger on this. Just a staggering amount of accessories and display possibilities.

You can also plug your TF reviews and weigh in any figures on the Transformers thread here. I caught the Metroplex review and your cat really stole the show. :lol
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21045

That cat always does that :p

Back