Torchwood -Declassified (Spoiler thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Memnoch

Lt. Vulture
Reaction score
Yes I know there is a BBC online companion called Declassified but this is for SPOILERS of Torchwood.

SO

Jack can't die. He has the Doctors hand. No one can see the elevator because that is where the TARDIS landed in Boom Town. Jack apparently has Bad Wolf residual energy left. Did I miss anything else?

3rd episode screened tonight and was better than the 2nd. The device that told the past/future was nicely done.

The preview for the 4th episode looks awesome

Memnoch21 said:
Yes I know there is a BBC online companion called Declassified but this is for SPOILERS of Torchwood.

SO

Jack can't die. He has the Doctors hand. No one can see the elevator because that is where the TARDIS landed in Boom Town. Jack apparently has Bad Wolf residual energy left. Did I miss anything else?

Like the link between jack not dying and him saying that when a "doctor" comes he can explain it. [i smell crossover]. But where is the hand from? it looks familiar, but i don't know from where.

It is indeed the 10th Doctors that was cut off in The Christmas Invasion. Also rumors are that Cpt Jack sees the Doctor ON Doctor Who at the end of Series 3.

Torchwood spoilers eh?

Okay have you guys heard about the Cyberwoman in episode four, one of the members of Torchwood had a girlfriend who was captured by the Cybermen and when they were defeated, they were in the middle of converting her so she's now a half/human half cyber woman. The member of Torchwood has hidden her in the basement of Torchwood without telling Jack and the others and when she gets out the fun begins.

Episode five is about fairies (which sounds like garbage but was actually a great episode) Jack is also forced to make a tough decision in this one and we find out a bit about his past.

Episode six is like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre in Wales, bascially Torchwood goes out into the country to investigate some mysterious murders and find themselves at the mercy of a family of cannibals. There are some gruesome deaths as well.

Episode seven has an alien disguised as a woman erm "befriending" a female member of Torchwood and giving her a pendant which allows her to read other's minds.

Episode eight has just aired in the UK and is about a serial killer murdering people and writing Torchwood on the walls in their blood. Torchwood use a metal gauntlet which can bring people back to life after they've died for no more than two minutes to find out who's behind the killings, but there's a huge twist.

The early episodes of the series were a bit medicore but from episode 5 onwards it's been must watch television. So if you don't like the first few when it airs in the states, remember it gets better as the series continues.

Hope you guys enjoy it and I haven't spoiled too much, but hell the thread said it was a spoiler thread.

Bless the torrents I've seen everything up to Countrycide and sadly I dont think Torchwood will make it the to states because of language and sexual content. Sad really because its a fun show.

To be honest I have no idea how Who is doing in the US ratings. I do know though that BBC America is showing series 1 currently, or season 27? which I perfer because it is afterall Doctor Who and not starting over from a new First Doctor.

To be totally honest though I would rather see Torchwood not released over here on tv if they have to edit it. Just let them release it on DVD and have a huge marketing push for it. I think what makes Torchwood so interesting is the fact that the people are so flawed and at times so petty they seem like people you would find in the real world. Plus I would think they would have a hard time with the second episide of Torchwood, ya know the whole alien feeding on orgasmic energy.

I think Torchwood is a bit dissapointing really. It is more like CSI Torchwood sometimes.. And all the sex realted stuff seems so "pushed".. Like they just put in there to give it an "adult feeling".. I don't know how it's doing in the UK but it certainly is no Dr. Who. I keep watching though.

See I think that's the point though. Torchwood is like CSI: Cardiff meets the X-Files. It's a different breed of story that has it's roots in Who just like Sara Jane Smith Adventures or whatever it's called will be. I just wish they would reopen Torchwood One or something BIG and up the scope of the show a little more. Right now its a little too dark in atmosphere but perfectly fine in dark tone.

Xeno said:
I think Torchwood is a bit dissapointing really. It is more like CSI Torchwood sometimes.. And all the sex realted stuff seems so "pushed".. Like they just put in there to give it an "adult feeling".. I don't know how it's doing in the UK but it certainly is no Dr. Who. I keep watching though.

Torchwood does reasonably well in the UK but it's certainly not the ratings smash that Dr Who turned into.

We have a huge soap in the UK called Coronation Street, I don't know if you guys have ever heard of it, but it's massive over here. Every week it's top of the ratings and has been for like ten years, no other show comes close to touching it. Simply everybody watches it.

Although recently Dr Who's ratings have come dangerously close, which just goes to show how popular Who is over here.

I know what you mean about the sex stuff feeling a little forced as well, it's not a show without it's flaws but I'm still hoping it gets a second season to flourish properly.

I've a feeling it probably will.

Anyone watch the latest episode..man, it's pretty dark stuff

Next week is a double episode season finale on new year's day

I have at least 4 episodes to catch up on. *sigh* I hate being at school and missing the good stuff. But dark is good.. I guess one day Ill have a Torchwood marathon.

Double episode errrr wow..............full male on male tonguey kiss ewwww...not feeling well, captain Jack disappearing to the sound of the tardis "the right kind of Dr." wow good stuff!:confused:

I think the ending was fantastic. Jack dissapearing and all. BUT my issue with Torchwood is the permeating atheistic feel. I enjoyed the episode with the eye.. .Random Shoes I think? more then episodes like the pilot and They Keep Killing Suzie. Things about Torchwood I would change... cut the gratuitous sex. It just kills the plot and pacing. The profanity is fine by me as it isn't every other word. No more of Rheys' ass. Cut out the personal philosophy of RTD and his athiesm. Torchwood was created as a line of defense against aliens. Lets see a little more of that than sex, nudity and depressing plots.

Memnoch21 said:
I think the ending was fantastic. Jack dissapearing and all. BUT my issue with Torchwood is the permeating atheistic feel. I enjoyed the episode with the eye.. .Random Shoes I think? more then episodes like the pilot and They Keep Killing Suzie. Things about Torchwood I would change... cut the gratuitous sex. It just kills the plot and pacing. The profanity is fine by me as it isn't every other word. No more of Rheys' ass. Cut out the personal philosophy of RTD and his athiesm. Torchwood was created as a line of defense against aliens. Lets see a little more of that than sex, nudity and depressing plots.

Haha the nudity and atheism is probably why I like it, in the case of the latter, like why I loved star trek in its roddenbury incarnations... but as I said to my wife tonight : RTD is probably over the top in his showing his homosexual militancy and his atheistic motif within the Jack character if he wants a broad audience.
We all have to accept diff'rent strokes.............I guess:eek:

Even so I think I love Gwen Cooper and that ending whoo!!!!!!!!!!!

The athieism didn't bother me at first. But as the series is going on I see it more and more and I think its just starting to detract. Same as you said with all the kissing. I think if they actually MAKE it more like X-Files meets CSI and not "non religion, tons of kissing and the like" then it would be a HUGE hit. Most of the complains I've heard stem from most of the sexual content and the cursing. Now Im not a prude or anything but I think the sex scene with Owen and Dianne killed the pacing there. Oh and speaking of Owen... can we get him killed off or something because I actually can't stand him. I dunno, I will give Torchwood till season 2 to get better but the more I watch, the more I wish Torchwood would have stayed the way we saw it during the Battle of Canary Warf and not gone into it's own show.

There are some things I'd change about the show, the dialogue feels too forced sometimes, and just by the writing you can often tell whats going to happen later on, in a scooby do kind of way. And there's been some cases of bad acting a few times... but i blame the writing and directing for that.

swearing makes it more real for me, because... well... that's how we talk in real life.

And I'm happy about the non religion thing. I'm sick of shows/society forcing particular beliefs on me assuming that we 'all' have them and it's perfectly normal. It's not... I don't. Yay for shows that 'dare' to say 'y'know what? there's nothing afterwards' :)

The last episode was a real emotional powerhouse I thought, they really went for it. We absolutely loved it here. Can't wait for season 2! :D

Im a fan of no mentioning of religions at all. I dunno, i like my sci-fi strictly sci-fi. I do think its daring to say theres nothing after but .. meh. That's one of those things I can't really get behind. Then again though I have my own death issues lol. My top lists of things to change:

Better scripts.

Work a little on the acting. The two I love watching the most seem to be Tosh and Jack. Followed by Gwen, Ianto and then Owen. I HATE Owen.

Dial back the sex, male/male kisses and athiestic stuff. I would much rather have seen Jack's "nothing" have to do with the fact that he was brought back by Rose. At the same time there's an interesting contradiction. Jack and everyone brough back says there's nothing, an empty void, but if there's nothing then why do they have a memory of the nothing?

Make it more of a covert team and less buddy buddy. I think if Yyvonne would see how Torchwood 2 acts she'd blow. It doesn't seem very professional at all.

I understand Torchwood finding its legs and I think the finale help up well. The guy that played Bilis (also played the conductor in the recent adaption of Webbers Phantom of the Opera) was fantastically creepy and should have been the seasons "Big Bad" to steal from Buffy.

going to skim these threads, been falling behind in torchwood. Haven't seen it since the 3rd episode. Question to you all: is Torchwood as good as Who was this year?

Back