Fanboy Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered a lot of things (including a couple of big & pricey things like Big Chap Maquette & Avengers Hulk Maquette) and very happy with both service and communication. Buying from there for more than a year now.
And another important thing - owner never overcharged me for shipping. According to my experience a lot of sellers are doing their best to add an extra $10-30 to the actual shipping price. Troy (owner) never did that.
PS And yes, got cart with your data too when followed your link.

Whoa. That's kind of ****ed up that my info was in there. I clicked the home page before I copied the link.

But glad to hear you had a good experience. I think I'll order Slattern through there. Will save $50 over BBTS, like $60 over sideshow and $10 over AE.

Slattern for $39.99 can't be bad :lol

I would probably even order at that price...
I'd still have to think about it though :wink1:

Ordered once there (because they had it the cheapest etc etc) and a week later requested a cancel. The fanboy owner never responded to any of my 7 email requests. Figured I'd take the burn and learn never to order from places like this again.

ordered many things from fanboy. troy is based out of newtown, Connecticut. i have preordered from him several times and he has delivered every time without fail. item arrives case fresh. reliable as they come!!!

So one for and one against.

I guess I should just go with AE for $10 more. They also say what shipping is up front and everyone seems to love them. I really eish Sideshow wasn't located in CA. Love that I get stuff super quick from them but the sales tax on these big ticket items is killer.

Ordered once there (because they had it the cheapest etc etc) and a week later requested a cancel. The fanboy owner never responded to any of my 7 email requests. Figured I'd take the burn and learn never to order from places like this again.

not getting what 'burn' you experienced. did you give a NRD?

So one for and one against.

I guess I should just go with AE for $10 more. They also say what shipping is up front and everyone seems to love them. I really eish Sideshow wasn't located in CA. Love that I get stuff super quick from them but the sales tax on these big ticket items is killer.

marc at alter ego is a good choice as well. but troy at fanboy has demonstrated to me his reliability after several ordering experiences. i'm not sure what the other guy was claiming but if he ordered with a NRD, he shouldn't expect it back if he cancelled. that's what a NRD is...non-refundable. if he paid for an order in the full amount by paypal or credit card, those could be dismissed. maybe he'll elaborate.

not getting what 'burn' you experienced. did you give a NRD?
The burn was not getting replied to. kind of leaves a bitter taste. After 3 weeks of emailing Fanboy and never receiving a response I grew tired of the hope for communication and just decided to keep the order.

The burn was not getting replied to. kind of leaves a bitter taste. After 3 weeks of emailing Fanboy and never receiving a response I grew tired of the hope for communication and just decided to keep the order.

Not getting a response would put a bitter taste in my mouth too, particularly from smaller, niche shops where I generally expect a little extra attention to customer service. However it does sound like your situation is more anomaly than normality.

I think I'll email this Troy guy and see what happens. If he is prompt with a response to my inquiry, then I'll probably order from him.

you still haven't shared if you lost a NRD. if you had nothing riding on the order, why would you email someone 7 times just to confirm you didn't want it anymore? now you say you kept the order. did you receive the item? is it still a preorder?

i usually don't place an order unless i actually want the item. i looked it up and i've placed 11 orders with fanboy. all were better prices than sideshow, all were delivered without incident.

i really don't know how you can bad mouth a vendor with one experience, especially because your indecision attempted cancellation just to save a couple of bucks. my experience has been stellar through 11 orders.

i really don't know how you can bad mouth a vendor with one experience, especially because your indecision attempted cancellation just to save a couple of bucks.
I understand that you have had positive transactions with Fanboy. Please understand that I have not had a positive transaction with Fanboy. I have no affiliation with them, I do not know them personally, all I have is my personal experience and this is just how my experience was.

This did involve an nrd that I had paid for months in advance. You are correct in assuming that this is the only reason I would try to communicate with them about cancelling. After 4 days of placing the order I asked to cancel and if it would be possible to recover the nrd.
No response.
Again I attempted communication and no response.
A courtesy decline, an obliging workaround...any form of communication would have been most welcome.
Listen, I get it. Ignore them and eventually they'll go away. It works. The business model works. I was ignored and I went away and yes, the end result was reached: I kept the order.

I have always had a very positive experience dealing with Troy. Friendly and reliable, and usually has the best price around.

Side note, he is a one man operation as far as I know. Every time I have had a question I have picked up the phone and spoke directly with him.

Last edited:
Well I emailed Troy a bunch if questions yesterday, mostly about how he reaolves QC issuea, and today I got a very detailed and thorough response. I'm satisfied. Next week I'll be ordering Slattern and perhaps the Eternity Bowen bust.

you still haven't shared if you lost a NRD. if you had nothing riding on the order, why would you email someone 7 times just to confirm you didn't want it anymore? now you say you kept the order. did you receive the item? is it still a preorder?

i usually don't place an order unless i actually want the item. i looked it up and i've placed 11 orders with fanboy. all were better prices than sideshow, all were delivered without incident.

i really don't know how you can bad mouth a vendor with one experience, especially because your indecision attempted cancellation just to save a couple of bucks. my experience has been stellar through 11 orders.

Come on man, you are getting super defensive.
I agree with the guys about the communication, I remember seeing a question on Entertainment Earth about the color of a "black & white" Walking Dead figures and the customer service replied in less than 48 hours without giving a smart a$$ answer.
The communication is so important part of any trade and even replying back with "no we can't cancel your order" is enough.

Based on the replies I think it's a reliable store and I might pick an item or two from it.

I've ordered from there in the past. Never had a problem.

Come on man, you are getting super defensive.
I agree with the guys about the communication, I remember seeing a question on Entertainment Earth about the color of a "black & white" Walking Dead figures and the customer service replied in less than 48 hours without giving a smart a$$ answer.
The communication is so important part of any trade and even replying back with "no we can't cancel your order" is enough.

Based on the replies I think it's a reliable store and I might pick an item or two from it.

i'm wondering if the vendor was sideshow, would he have emailed requesting his NRD back? most likely not because he'd know the result before asking. did he think FB was any different in his NRD terms?

it is called a 'NON-REFUNDABLE' deposit for a reason. just trying to grasp the logic behind it. next issue was the same forum prince (or princess depending who you talk to) bad mouthing a little guy trying to make a living from his perch somewhere in northwestern europe. maybe he should of gotten one local....oh yea, that's right. there ARE no local vendors that sell hot toys where he lives.

it's called defending those not present to defend themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back