A few Quick Besta unit questions - Need some help.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmpsk8

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey fellas,

Quick question. I'm preparing for a long drive out to Ikea... need to get some feedback from Besta owners.

I'm looking into getting a small Besta combo setup. I need to put solid doors on two sections (for my paints and custom stuff), and keep 4 sections open for display.

I'm looking at the unit below, but I'm not sure if there's clearance to add Tombo glass doors to the open middle sections. What do you think? Can I add two more doors without clearance problems between the doors?

Besta Unit:
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S29867717/

Tombo Glass doors:
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20103554/

Yes you will definitely be able to fit the 2 extra tombo doors. The doors are made specifically for the besta.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the info, I plan on ordering next month.

Sorry to bump an old thread but it was the closest I could find to ask a few simple questions rather than creating a new topic. So I’m looking at getting my first Besta display case for my collection. I’ve been a Detolf guy for years but have run out of space and it looks like my best option now is to replace one Detolf with a Besta since they’re a bit wider and I can make more room for statues without spreading to another room entirely. I’m looking at starting with one square frame and adding from there. I just wanted to know how this looks as far as being stacked or if it’s better to go with higher frames and add shelves inside? Also, in the case of a stacking situation how well they line up together (do the seams in between look okay?) and how sturdy do they hold up with three or more? Is there some sort of fitting option available between the frames to hold them in place together? Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance

You don't want to be stacking units on top of each other. They won't be solid enough and won't look as good. I used the billy range for mine and just cut them down to the size I wanted. I think they turned out nice.
ab3f8dd65b17c7a5fc97b36bcd0d7130.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't want to be stacking units on top of each other. They won't be solid enough and won't look as good. I used the billy range for mine and just cut them down to the size I wanted. I think they turned out nice.
ab3f8dd65b17c7a5fc97b36bcd0d7130.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply. Yeah makes sense. I would never go more than three high anyway but stability is a concern since I have a 1 year old running around now. I'm gonna go with a one piece taller unit and add shelves inside. Nice set up you got there btw!

Back