Hi from the Ghoul, & I apologize in advance!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That Ghoul Ava

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi all!
So I've been lurking for about a week or two, & I've already picked up a ton of amazing tips on sculpting & building - thank you so much! I figured I should stop being the creep in the shadows, taking all the free advice, drooling over all your fantastic customs & come say 'hi'!

I live in Chicago, I usually work as a mechanical engineer & have a wonderful husband who supports & tolerates my "dolly obsession" (My shoe obsession is a different story). I've been stuck at home recuperating from a car accident & resulting surgeries for the last 1-1/2yrs, & I always wanted to try my hand at figure customs, so what better time than now? I use to do some sculpting in high school, & I do some sketching & what not for work, so for all I know this may end up being a hot mess, but at the very least I bet it'll be fun!:yess:

I'm a HUGE horror fan and video game nerd, but in order to avoid bankruptcy, I keep my collection focused in ONE category: 1/6 Star Wars Figures (Although I do have a few 1/6 Sideshow Predator, The Dead and Freddy Krueger figures...couldn't help it). You can see my collection in the link in the sig below if you like, but it's nothing like any of the stuff I've seen here.

So I apologize in advance for any and all stupid or redundant questions I may ask; I'll do my best to search for an answer first before bugging anyone! But thank you for such a great board full of such talented people. I can't wait to learn from you guys, and hopefully a teeny bit of this talent rubs off on me. If not, I'll just throw magic pixie dust at you (aka money) for molds or parts!

:wave

wavesmile.gif
:welcome1: to the :FREAK: Show, Ava! :duff
icon_snoopy.gif
wavesmile.gif

No worries about any "stupid or redundant" questions, we've all been there. :D

I hope you post some of your work and your SW collection :)yess:)!

Thanks all! If my 1st few attempts don't scare small children or incite hysterical laughter, I'll share. :D But you can see my current "hoard" HERE (although it doesn't show the medicom stormie, & 1/6 Gentle Giant Death Trooper Zombie statue i just added....my name is Erin and I have a problem....)

And who is Rainman? Does he buy his parts at Kmart & only post after Wapner? :)

Thanks all! If my 1st few attempts don't scare small children or incite hysterical laughter, I'll share. :D But you can see my current "hoard" HERE (although it doesn't show the medicom stormie, & 1/6 Gentle Giant Death Trooper Zombie statue i just added....my name is Erin and I have a problem....)

And who is Rainman? Does he buy his parts at Kmart & only post after Wapner? :)

:lol :rotfl:lol :lol

Hello Erin, you have a nice collection. We have a lot of the same interests with Star Wars and horror. Would love to see some of your custom work.

Back