Which Hot Toys Tony Stark from Iron Man 3 are you getting?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Iron Man 3 Tony Stark are you getting?

• Total voters

Nintenjoe

Super Freak
Reaction score
Are you getting one, both, neither and why?

Personally, I'll only be getting "The Mechanic." For me, this figure comes with better accessories for display options and it has the better head sculpt. Also, this getup had a decent amount of screen time compared to the testing suit.

Armor Testing

k7at.jpg

The Mechanic
ni70.jpg

I'm getting The Mechanic. I like the homemade weapons and the mismatched armor pieces with his regular street clothes looks cool to me. It's also my first Iron Man figure.

LOL, I was close to asking the same thing

I, too, have the left over Stark head from the Mk7 and I can't decide what to bash it with.... a suit seems overdone. I saw a PIRP outfit set that I liked but I would need an arc reactor body and some shoes to go with that, but if I pay for one of these just for the body, I mind as well just forget about that Mk7 Stark head, so that sucks....

Anyways, out of the 2, if I were to pick, probably Mechanic since it seems more diverse in accessories, plus I liked that short sequence in the film, albeit quick.

I had to cancel workshop Tony because life got in the way, so I'd like to pick him up again if I can sometime soon, but if he sells out on Sideshow, I'll put a pre-order down for The Mechanic (and hope life doesn't get in the way again). I'd like to own both though, along with Mark 42, since I had such a good time with my family watching a movie we all liked. Don't get enough of those films, and I'd like to have figures from all 3 acts of the film, because I'm a sentimental guy who chooses to immortalize those feelings with ridiculously expensive toys, instead of a picture.

Workshop Tony from AE... But if early reviews come in and the HS doesn't look as good as the Mechanic version, I'll probably drop the PO.

I am just getting the Armor Test version. I like the mechanic version, but I dont really need 2 Tony's , and I have display planned already for Armor Test version.

Most likely both, but I'm definitely getting the Armour Testing Version in a week or so :yess:

I want to get both but if it came down to one or the other I would take the armor testing version. When I first saw the pics of the armor test version, I wasn't impressed, but the improved head, the second gauntlet, it's hard to pass that piece up.

I want to get both but if it came down to one or the other I would take the armor testing version. When I first saw the pics of the armor test version, I wasn't impressed, but the improved head, the second gauntlet, it's hard to pass that piece up.

Improved head? Are there any comparison pics? I only see the original pictures provided by HT/SSC

Back