New versions Hot Toys Classic Predator vs City-Hunter Predator- which one?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlyc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thinking about picking up one of the new Hot Toys predators...

Love both and have a hard-time deciding. The city-hunter predator seems to win on the 'value' front due to much higher number of accessories. But the classic is well a classic.

Which one do you prefer and why? Thanks in advance :)

ive had both, I think the city hunter is a great figure, I think it looks better that the classic but I guess it depends on which look you like better

Haha, I had this thread on onesixthwarriors as well. I'm going to wait for the new releases, since they may be re-releasing the original classic Predator from the 1st film (with trophy accessories) and the Wolf predator from AvPR which I liked.

Imo since I have both, city hunter is cooler, he's bigger and has a nice spear and other accessories. Classic is usually a bit cheaper and comes with the fantastic base but since it doesn't have all the P1 gear its arguably not as iconic as P2 pred. I think however, that scar might be even better than city hunter although I have to wait till I get him in hand.

I've been debating this myself and I think ultimately I will go with City Hunter. Sucks not to have a predator with the shoulder cannon, but the face sculpt is the best on city hunter for me.

Same problem for me. I've ruled out classic and hoping for a new release of the original. Can't decide between City Hunter and Scar.

Scar in my opinion has a little better skull and very very good armor. But Predator 2 is much better movie for me then AVP. This is a film with which I grew up:) So i decides to first buy City Hunter. For me, figure is very similar to the character in the movie.
Scar will be my next HT figure :)

Last edited:
Classic IMO has much better paint apps and overall quality compared to City Hunter. City Hunter has that weird bulging elbow, stiff arm joints and loose leg and ankle joints, and the cannon on a stick, but the aesthetics of City Hunter's overall design makes it a wonder to look at. Classic while not being as interesting a design certainly makes up for it with quality of joints and paint apps are beautifully done. Love the spotting.

Wont even bother talking about the headsculpts, but Classic comes with two (albeit blander looking compared to CH's) masks. Its a toughy, but I'd go with Classic. A new P1 would NOT come out any time soon, and with a few upgrades Classic's design will become, well, a classic. Trophies and stuff. Get them.

Classic IMO has much better paint apps and overall quality compared to City Hunter. City Hunter has that weird bulging elbow, stiff arm joints and loose leg and ankle joints, and the cannon on a stick, but the aesthetics of City Hunter's overall design makes it a wonder to look at. Classic while not being as interesting a design certainly makes up for it with quality of joints and paint apps are beautifully done. Love the spotting.

Wont even bother talking about the headsculpts, but Classic comes with two (albeit blander looking compared to CH's) masks. Its a toughy, but I'd go with Classic. A new P1 would NOT come out any time soon, and with a few upgrades Classic's design will become, well, a classic. Trophies and stuff. Get them.

I agree , I think the best representation of a Pred is Classic. I had City Hunter on PO and after seeing Nenydee's review, didn't like the paint apps. ( but to each his own!)

Back