Ben-Hur Remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HW_dogs_surprised.jpg

I like his Night/Daywatch movies. Fun ****.

Abe Lincoln was **** though. But maybe he can make Ben Hurr a zombie hunter or some ****. Something really blasphemous.

I like his Night/Daywatch movies. Fun ****.

Abe Lincoln was **** though. But maybe he can make Ben Hurr a zombie hunter or some ****. Something really blasphemous.

Night Watch and Day Watch are the only two movies he's done that I really like. His other movies have some cool visuals, but he relies on them too heavily.

As far as this remake... :rotfl

Well, the Heston version was itself a remake, so it's not like there's not precedent. My concern would be, in this day and age, are audiences still interested in biblical epics? I know Passion of the Christ made big bucks, but that was lightning in a bottle.

Well, the Heston version was itself a remake, so it's not like there's not precedent. My concern would be, in this day and age, are audiences still interested in biblical epics? I know Passion of the Christ made big bucks, but that was lightning in a bottle.

The Bible series on History Channel showed that they are.

Whether they'll tune into a remake though, I don't know.

People are always up for religious material, especially if it is packaged into a super production, which this might be.
Besides, Ben Hur has everything the movie-going public loves.

It's got two estranged boyhood friends, it's got bad Romans, it's got a love story that defies all odds, it's got a Prince who becomes a slave and comes back more powerful and rich than ever, hell it's even got Jesus!
Epic naval battles, betrayal, (chariot) races, the splendor of Rome... I'm getting dizzy just thinking about all the elements that Ben Hur has!

If they are actually doing this, I hope they do it like HBO's Rome, and not like 300 or Starz' Spartacus.

I'm perfectly fine with the original, but I've got nothing against a remake. But boy oh boy are Heston's sandals pretty large to fill...

We'll find out when Darren Aronofsky and Ridley Scott's respective Noah's Ark films come out.:lol

Actually, they could possible do a remake of this where it's not that religious.

Any ideas on who would star in it?

Back