Preacher

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vivek

Super Freak
Reaction score
D.J. Caruso Still Attached to Preacher Feature Film | Superhero Hype

Repeating what I posted elsewhere sometime back.

Not seen any of his movies, never interested me, especially after reading that Disturbia was modern take on Hitchcock's Rear Window. His movies have been widely panned, including his later film "I Am Number Four". So this decision by the studio to hire Caruso, to adapt one of the best comic series is baffling.

In 2008 Mark Steven Johnson (Daredevil, Ghost Rider) was to direct the pilot for HBO, though not the best choice it was a better medium to adapt Preacher. And they could always bring in new directors throughout the series.

Caruso is also attached to direct Y: The Last Man movie, he again is probably not a good choice. When Sam Mendes, Darren Dronofsky were in talks to direct Preacher, it atleast felt like the project was in good hands.

I really hope this movie continues to remain in development hell, until a better director comes on board.

__

Don't like it at all so far. The cast looks and sounds nothing like characters from comix.

Just a reminder that this premiers tonight at 10pm EST after Walking Dead. It's on for 90 minutes.

​uh oh....

Spoiler Spoiler:

i didnt see this but seeing how no one else is here ill keep you some company weenie

rainroad.jpg

Couldn't watch it last night, but I'll watch this tonight. I'm trying to keep my hopes low since they probably won't be able to do a lot of the extreme moments that were in the comic.

I wasn't feeling the premiere. Some of the scenes were lazy and cheesy and that dialogue with the boy wanting Preacher to hurt his pops was amateur. I'm guessing that scene was set up to establish his character as a man conflicted with an inner turmoil of right and wrong but it fell flat on its face. I'll let my girlfriend watch the next few to see if its worth it.

I wasn't feeling the premiere. Some of the scenes were lazy and cheesy and that dialogue with the boy wanting Preacher to hurt his pops was amateur. I'm guessing that scene was set up to establish his character as a man conflicted with an inner turmoil of right and wrong but it fell flat on its face. I'll let my girlfriend watch the next few to see if its worth it.

Well, the show isn't suppose to be all that serious. I didn't feel that way about that scene. I don't care for the boy at all (he the annoying Peter Pan in that Gieco commercial) but he's not on there that long.

Gotta love Tulip though! :lol

Back