Media Classic and Trilogy Tomb Raider games.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jameson Rook

Super Freak
Reaction score
I finished the new Tomb Raider game not long ago and was compelled to revisit the old games again, mainly the classic 6 Core developed games and the newer PS2 Trilogy. I'm having a blast.

The compelling and mysterious atmosphere, cue music, darn good puzzles and heavy platforming all adds up to a uniquely designed series of games with some ups and downs that lead to the creation of the new, action oriented reboot. They really don't make games like they used to.

So what's your favorite old Tomb Raider game?

I played Tomb Raider II on the PS1 many years ago. I remember having fun trapping the creepy butler (like someone did in this video) :lol.

[ame]https://youtu.be/OjqRYpIwnB8[/ame]

The original tomb raider, i found unplayable after a hour or so. Still loved 2 when i re-visited it. Didnt continue after that though. They are too much hard work

I have been wanting to play TR1, since it came out in 96. Silent hill, my fav psone game, came out in 99, so I know it'll look rough...crazy rough

My first contact was the PC version of II. Being a hot-blooded teen, I immediately fell in love with the gameplay and the protagonist.

I really liked Underworld and Legend. Never finished Anniversary. And overall I greatly enjoyed the new Tomb Raider and Camilla Luddington's performance. But I have a big problem with its unnecessarily unavoidable hyperviolence.

Tomb Raider Anniversary is a way better alternative to playing the original, given its a re-make with modern controls and better graphics. The tombraider HD collection is a great set. I think thats the first time i had ever played anniversary and Legend. Both are top games and i love underworld too

Doom_cover_art.jpg

Still a blast to play.​

I played Tomb Raider II on the PS1 many years ago. I remember having fun trapping the creepy butler (like someone did in this video) :lol.

https://youtu.be/OjqRYpIwnB8

That butler legitimately scared me back in the day. Like I would see him round the corner and jump out of my seat in terror. I always used to trap him in the freezer. But his face would always clip through the door and the terror would take on a whole new meaning...

The original tomb raider, i found unplayable after a hour or so. Still loved 2 when i re-visited it. Didnt continue after that though. They are too much hard work

:exactly::monkey2

Winston.jpg

I never finished TR2, TR3, and Revelation. :gah:

I found some interesting retrospective videos!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPJt8bipX0w"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPJt8bipX0w[/ame]

Played the original on day 1 of its release on the Sega Saturn. That game launched with very little hype on a system not many people bought.
I was just an Indy fan and happened to be in the store while they were unboxing it and bought it on the spot on a whim, before it even went on a shelf.

I still claim I am the first person in the world to buy a Tomb Raider game :lol

Ok, something compelled me to get the original original on PSN, and ya know? Its cool - HOWEVER, I completely forgot you control the characters with directional pads only......is there a setting on the PS3 settings to change that to use the sticks instead?

Ok, something compelled me to get the original original on PSN, and ya know? Its cool - HOWEVER, I completely forgot you control the characters with directional pads only......is there a setting on the PS3 settings to change that to use the sticks instead?

Unfortunately no. And even if you modified the controls on say, a PC it'll never work as the platforming relies on a grid system. You'll just have to tough it out the way I'm revisiting these games right now.

That being said Anniversary is a near replica of the first game is it not?

EDIT: I think TRIII, IV and Chronicles are the only ones that supports the Analog Sticks.

Last edited:
Is it me, or is Underworld a really, really good looking game? I just tried it out again after not playing for some time.

Only thing that kills it is the terrible framerate on PS3.

Thanks, Ryan - took me a minute to figure out how to jump and grab a ledge - that said, a little practice helps - $10 feels like $5 too much for this game however..no regrets!

Is it me, or is Underworld a really, really good looking game? I just tried it out again after not playing for some time.

Only thing that kills it is the terrible framerate on PS3.

It is! Specially on that bodysuit from the first mission... he he he!

Oh, come on. Don't pretend like it isn't sexy.

Back