Attack on Titan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DFanatic

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey, I know most here don't follow cartoons (specially animes) but I was wondering if anybody else here watching this series? I came across it this week and got hooked, watched all the episodes released so far in a matter of days.

Here's a trailer and a review that sums this show quite well:

This is fantastic on many levels, the story, art, and atmosphere. The basic premise of mindless giants that eat people sounds ho hum on paper but watching it gives a much different feeling. As an audience we don't know a whole lot more than the characters so the emotional impact of twists and turns mirrors the character development. And believe me, there are twists and turns you probably won't expect. No one is safe in this world and it is a brutal world. The requisite young pair of kids is there as the focal point for the series and there are other typical anime trappings I've noticed, based on my limited exposure to the genre, but you will immediately forget about those if they bother you because the story is so darn riveting. Violent. Bloody without being gratuitous in the gore department, the horror comes from unpredictability and the feeling we are seeing what it is like to be ants in a human world. Highly recommended for adults.

[ame="https://youtu.be/luYOt2-c2TI"]https://youtu.be/luYOt2-c2TI[/ame]

Honestly, it's one of the best things I have seen on TV in a while. I'll be looking forward to new episodes just as I do with Breaking Bad, Dexter and The Walking Dead. It's worth checking it out.

I'm literally watching the first episode right now. :lol

I was getting ready to search this forum for a thread about it. I know I've read people talking about it. Apparently, it's created quite the stir on the 'awesomeness' scale.

Does it air on a cable channel or is it disc or download only?

I dont know a lot about Anime, but I loved both incarnations of Fullmetal Alchemist, and this looks interesting.

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa....

AND you watch Breaking Bad?!?!

[ame]https://youtu.be/QzBmQMyYDBk[/ame]

I'm slowly going to dive into the world of subs, rather than waiting for dubbed versions. Much cheaper. :lol But for these shorter run shows, I'm going to give it a shot.

I'll always keep exceptions though, like Bleach, One Piece, etc.

Im glad the whole world is recognizing the greatness of this show.

Attack-On-Titan-Screen-02-600x337.jpg

Scared the **** out of me

Watch the trailer and episode 1 and be the judge. It's pretty much a human race living in fear of titans who eat humans for fun. The action is good and so is the story. It's pretty damn good.

Love the designs on the figma figures what is the show like ?

I'm only on the first episode, but I like what I'm seeing. (I know that doesn't really answer the question. :lol) The animation is really impressive. I'm not a big fan of subbed versions, but I'll manage. :lol

I was searching for top animes on Youtube and this one was noted a lot, so I figured what the heck.

Should we get this thread merged with the anime thread? Or keep it as-is? The anime thread is crickets lately. I like the idea of individual threads better.

I'm up to the sixth episode. Really enjoying it so far. I just gotta find the time to keep going with the eps!

I'm up to the sixth episode. Really enjoying it so far. I just gotta find the time to keep going with the eps!

I went through the episodes so quick. I had a day off and watched most of it... now I got wait for it every week for the new episodes. I almost wish I had come across this show at it's very end, so I could just watch all at once.

I'm only on the first episode, but I like what I'm seeing. (I know that doesn't really answer the question. :lol) The animation is really impressive. I'm not a big fan of subbed versions, but I'll manage. :lol

I was searching for top animes on Youtube and this one was noted a lot, so I figured what the heck.

Should we get this thread merged with the anime thread? Or keep it as-is? The anime thread is crickets lately. I like the idea of individual threads better.

Happy to see you're liking it, man. :hi5:

I'm also watching the subbed version and I can't complain. I rather listen in the original audio than wait for the dub anyway, though it will happen soon.

Btw... personally, I think you should keep the threads separate. It keeps the discussion more focused.

Alright, I'm off to watch episode 18! :yess:

I know who it is and it's quite obvious who it is if you line up the pieces. Then again I read the manga but even the shows opening and ending theme give you hints on who the female titan is.

Back